IGNORED

Which Next-Gen Console(s) Do You Plan on Purchasing? (Poll)

DoctorEncore

Which Next-Gen Console(s) Do You Plan on Purchasing? (Poll)  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which Next-Gen Console(s) Do You Plan on Purchasing?

• PS5 Only
    • PS5 Digital Edition Only
    • PS5 and PS5 Digital Edition
    • Xbox Series X Only
    • Xbox Series S Only
    • Xbox Series X and Series S
    • PS5 and Xbox Series X
    • PS5 and Xbox Series S
    • PS5 Digital and Xbox Series X
    • PS5 Digital and Xbox Series S
    • None of the above. I don't plan on purchasing a next-gen console in the near future.

No plans to buy the new consoles any time soon. The Switch has an incredible library and I love the hybrid ability.

If a new game comes out that I want to play, I’ll just re active my pc game pass when it’s available on there. Unless it is a Sony exclusive, but even those are starting to become rarer. 

2 hours ago, broncofantd793 said:

I’ll say this again. How terrible is the xbox naming? Did they not witness the Wii U problems?

Oh I hear ya...why was the former named like it's the President's console/Xbox Live handle and the later is named like it's a system for college or that it's going to college? 😛 

I want both for no good reason.  Launch titles look ok but nothing that is must play and I just can't justify the cost and stress of a pre order right now. So I'm trying to put it out of my mind. I'm playing witcher 3 right now, which no joke, will probably keep me busy through the end of November. 

I love hardware though, so I still really want them...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

You're officially old.  Welcome to the home for obsolete robots.  I feel your pain.

I was super excited to get my GC back in 2001...the only time I was able to afford to get a new launch console by myself...and I was excited to get my Wii for Christmas in 2008 from my wonderful wife (I even made a little note on that day in its calendar mentioning it; hee hee...say will the Wii have a 2035 problem since that's the farthest the calendar goes?)...but then look how long I put off getting the PS3/Wii U and then PS4 Pro.  It wasn't just my rather meager gaming/cards fund mind you it was just that I had stuff on my existing consoles to get caught up on, and still do.  And once the Everdrives arrived (I got most of mine back in 2016) it just seemed like a far better deal to get to play all the games and have them work just as good as the real ones.

So there you go, I was so excited as a child about what "the future" will be like and now that we now are in that "future time"...I use it mostly to relive the past.  Go figure.

I'm honestly more interested in the Super Mario Bros. Game and Watch than either of the next gen systems right now. I really did not like things with the current generation until the Switch happened, and I like the direction of the upcoming gen even less. Only games that looked interesting to me from either of them are Final Fantasy XVI, Everwild, and Planet Coaster (which I think the last two are launching on current gen anyway), so I have no incentive to buy either. I ended up barely touching the Xbox One I got launch day (poor thing is collecting so much dust lol) and the lack of things that interest me plus the high price entry (both systems are over $600 in my country before taxes) means I am definitely waiting. I know the wife wants the Series X at some point, so I could use that for a random game or two I'd want to play. Think I'm much better off working on my backlog and collecting for older systems.

16 hours ago, Adorabear said:

I'm honestly more interested in the Super Mario Bros. Game and Watch than either of the next gen systems right now. I really did not like things with the current generation until the Switch happened, and I like the direction of the upcoming gen even less. Only games that looked interesting to me from either of them are Final Fantasy XVI, Everwild, and Planet Coaster (which I think the last two are launching on current gen anyway), so I have no incentive to buy either. I ended up barely touching the Xbox One I got launch day (poor thing is collecting so much dust lol) and the lack of things that interest me plus the high price entry (both systems are over $600 in my country before taxes) means I am definitely waiting. I know the wife wants the Series X at some point, so I could use that for a random game or two I'd want to play. Think I'm much better off working on my backlog and collecting for older systems.

Everwild is probably my most-anticipated new IP, although it sure would be nice to see some gameplay...