IGNORED

Super Nintendo Kiosk Market

Bubbapauls

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Romiked2689 said:

I sold mine for 2350 like two years no recaps but working with stand. These have since then come out of the wood work. I would guess that’s still the average I’d not the high water mark on price 

I just was thinking if the monitor has been recapped and has zero issues it might take the value up because it’s hard to find someone who can fix them or will even try.

@Romiked2689

It's true you have to find the right buyer for anything your selling but I am just asking for opinions.  Or maybe I'm just trying to justify spending the money I did getting it repaired.

I don't think it's crazy to ask for more money if the kiosk is in perfect working order and good for 20-30 years.  Plus having someone do the work is not cheap.  It can cost you in the range of $200 - $300 for that.

Zenith Monitors from the early 1990's have cheap capacitors that are known for failing, leaking, and damaging the circuit boards inside.  Learned this from a repair man that specialized in Zenith televisions and monitors.  In my opinion I feel people would pay a premium for piece of mind.

I'm not really looking to sell my kiosk I was just wondering what people thought about the capacitor work and if there is value added from it.  Did I waste money getting it in perfect working order?  I don't feel I did and it is good to know that those low quality capacitors are out of there and not destroying it from the inside.

44 minutes ago, Bubbapauls said:

@Romiked2689

It's true you have to find the right buyer for anything your selling but I am just asking for opinions.  Or maybe I'm just trying to justify spending the money I did getting it repaired.

I don't think it's crazy to ask for more money if the kiosk is in perfect working order and good for 20-30 years.  Plus having someone do the work is not cheap.  It can cost you in the range of $200 - $300 for that.

Zenith Monitors from the early 1990's have cheap capacitors that are known for failing, leaking, and damaging the circuit boards inside.  Learned this from a repair man that specialized in Zenith televisions and monitors.  In my opinion I feel people would pay a premium for piece of mind.

I'm not really looking to sell my kiosk I was just wondering what people thought about the capacitor work and if there is value added from it.  Did I waste money getting it in perfect working order?  I don't feel I did and it is good to know that those low quality capacitors are out of there and not destroying it from the inside.

That’s about the going rate for that work to be done I don’t see how the money would be wasted? I have to get my arcade monitors recapped its kinda part of owning and keeping an older monitor going strong this late into its life. 

These are very nice looking RGB monitors when refurbished and calibrated correctly.  So yes I would say I would pay more for one that was calibrated correctly. I have recapped and calibrated many of them for myself and couldn't imagine wanting to sell them for the going rate, but I doubt many people care as much as I do about a refurbished one vs one that still works "mostly" and looks "ok".

These "Zenith" monitors get a bad name. They are definitely harder to work on compared to something like an arcade monitor. These things ran all day long for years so I don't expect them to work very well today.  Considering that it is quite amazing that most do.

5 hours ago, LaC said:

These are very nice looking RGB monitors when refurbished and calibrated correctly.  So yes I would say I would pay more for one that was calibrated correctly. I have recapped and calibrated many of them for myself and couldn't imagine wanting to sell them for the going rate, but I doubt many people care as much as I do about a refurbished one vs one that still works "mostly" and looks "ok".

These "Zenith" monitors get a bad name. They are definitely harder to work on compared to something like an arcade monitor. These things ran all day long for years so I don't expect them to work very well today.  Considering that it is quite amazing that most do.

That’s the reason they get a bad name because they are compared to arcade crts which were left on all the time. Also I agree the monitor/ sound pcb always would have problems due to the prolonged use. 

I’ve seen quite a few since mine have sold and I’d say a very nice monitor with zero burn is harder to find then the stand but people don’t value it differently. At the time of selling mine I seen maybe one or two others with stand. Since then maybe like 6 more. Mostly eBay or the Facebook group 

I've heard of the stands alone going for $1000. I sold a kiosk with no stand and no monitor for around (edit) $950 this time last year. Those Zenith monitors are notorious for not working and being hard to repair. A kiosk in good shape, with the stand and a good functioning Zenith monitor should approach $3k. Or if you have the M81C which is even less common with a bigger screen (consumer JVC) It could eclipse $3k.

Edited by aaronmjr

40 minutes ago, aaronmjr said:

I've heard of the stands alone going for $1000. I sold a kiosk with no stand and no monitor for around $1100 this time last year. Those Zenith monitors are notorious for not working and being hard to repair. A kiosk in good shape, with the stand and a good functioning Zenith monitor should approach $3k. Or if you have the M81C which is even less common with a bigger screen (consumer JVC) It could eclipse $3k.

Just the base of the kiosk without the tv for that amount is a decent amount over value. You did very well. I’d be very surprised if people were interested at 3k I shopped it around the Facebook display group. Facebook is full of lowballers and people that ghost you randomly. 

25 minutes ago, Romiked2689 said:

Just the base of the kiosk without the tv for that amount is a decent amount over value. You did very well. I’d be very surprised if people were interested at 3k I shopped it around the Facebook display group. Facebook is full of lowballers and people that ghost you randomly. 

I just looked back at my PayPal and I got $950 for it actually. Edited my post as well. To clarify it was the kiosk with a system and a brand new acrylic. No monitor, no floor stand.