IGNORED

WTBs: Completing the Aftermarket Archive, Screw Variants, Dragon Warriors, and Other Random Stuff

Ferris Bueller

Welcome to my recycled WTB thread.

Missing some hard to find titles for the Aftermarket Archive, followed by some other sought after odds and ends.
------------------------------

Homebrews & Repros
I'm looking for Homebrews and Repros. Really specific ones. This is all that is left.

NES
Blade Buster        (Retrozone Campout Cart)
Grimalkin Ice Hockey
Maniac Mansion (White Cart)
MGC 2011
MilesCon 2016
Retro Gathering 2010
Shmup Speed
Space Foxes        (Ricky Henry)
Sweet Home        (Timewalk Capcom Proof)
Tecmo Super Bowl 2010

SNES
Dragon Quest V  (Retrozone Campout Cart)
Dragon Quest VI (Retrozone Campout Cart)
Final Fantasy V   (Retrozone Campout Cart)
Mario Kart R        (Timewalk Artist Proof)

Game Boy Advance
Blast Arena (Green)
Christmas Double Pack
Pikilipita
Reaxion
Thrust

Virtual Boy
Space Invaders
-----------------------------------------------
Screw Variants
I'm looking for my missing screw variants . SE is there, but I don't have a 3 screw copy either, so I doubt that one is in my price range.

Bill Elliot's NASCAR Challenge (5 Screw)
Blades of Steel (5 Screw)
Castlevania III (5 Screw)
Defender of the Crown (5 Screw)
Jackal (5 Screw)
Mission: Impossible (5 Screw)
Q*Bert (5 Screw)
R.C. Pro Am (5 Screw) - PENDING!!!
Rollergames (5 Screw)
Stadium Events (5 Screw)
Tiny Toon Adventures (5 Screw)
Top Gun 2: The Second Mission (5 Screw)

These guys haven't been found yet, but I hold out hope:
Batman Returns (5 Screw)
Bucky O'Hare (5 Screw)
Contra Force (5 Screw)
Gyruss (5 Screw)
Jack Nicklaus' Greatest 18 Holes of Major Championship Golf (5 Screw)
King's Quest V (5 Screw)
Laser Invasion (5 Screw)
Lone Ranger, The (5 Screw)
Monster in My Pocket (5 Screw)
Nightshade (5 Screw)
Pirates! (5 Screw)
Skate or Die II (5 Screw)
Star Trek 25th Anniversary (5 Screw)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project (5 Screw)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (5 Screw)
Tiny Toon Adventures 2 - Trouble in Wackyland (5 Screw)
Tiny Toon Adventures Cartoon Workshop (5 Screw)
Zen - Intergalactic Ninja (5 Screw)

*Chubby Cherub (3 Screw)   <--- May not exist
*Clu Clu Land (3 Screw)        <--- May not exist
*Karnov (5 Screw)                  <--- May not exist
*M.U.S.C.L.E. (3 Screw)         <--- May not exist
*Soccer (3 Screw)                  <--- May not exist
*Sqoon (3 Screw)                   <--- May not exist
*Stack-Up (3 Screw)              <--- May not exist

--------------------------------------------------

Sleeves
I'm looking for sleeves. The good ones. Color Dreams (not bible), glossy Nintendos... That's the stuff. Offering $2.50 a piece, $1 for red foils.

Color Dreams                       15/20
Nintendo (Red Foil)             
Contra Prototype
Bounty of $1000 for a Contra Prototype. Once upon a time, before I had SimCity, I thought it would be cool to own a proto and talked to Dream. When he asked what I wanted, at first I just said something cheap. But when I thought about it, Contra popped in my mind. Unfortunately, he didn't have it. 
-------------------------------------------------------
NES Full Set
Not in a hurry, but am looking for help getting the last of these titles. 

Licensed
Dragon Warrior (As many as you have)
Stadium Events

Unlicensed 
Bubble Bath Babes
Cheetahmen II
Hot Slots
Myriad 6-in-1
Peekaboo Poker

Edited by Ferris Bueller
Cleaned up missing screw variants
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Braveheart69 said:

I’d need to see really good pic to believe it Ferris.

This is where I am, too. And thanks for chiming in.

Look, I want to believe, but I need hard proof. @Supergun, if you get me a front label pic with no Canadian code in the corner, I'll be extremely happy. Then I'll make you an offer.

M.U.S.C.L.E. was confirmed to have been a mockup for a YouTube video, someone on NA messaged them, he didn't have a copy and needed it for the video. I also messaged them, just never got a response back. IIRC, they stated that thing became a headache because people kept bringing it up, so I figured he ignored me. Or spam.

Edited by Ferris Bueller

Well, but wait a second, 3-screw soccer does actually exist. Numerous copies have been found and pics were shown in the old NintendoAge thread. Etc. Again, as of today, only 5 NES carts have not been found with 3 screws. These are the 5 carts:

Irem’s Sqoon

Bandai’s Muscle & Chubby Cherub

Nintendo’s Stack Up & Clu Clu Land

2 hours ago, fcgamer said:

What's the Aftermarket Archive? Is it just your personal collection, or is it some sort of game preservationist organisation?

Both? I consider my aftermarket collection more of a library, something I can access when people have questions. Someday it'll get more official, when I have time to focus on it, but for now I do my best just to keep up with projects coming out and tracking down ones that people may have missed.

@ViGreyTech referred to it as a seed depository for games, which I liked. I'd like to think most of you know by now stuff is "safe" with me, in that I don't know that I've ever sold anything unless it was a double. I've already pitched some exhibit ideas to museums, and I think that time will come, just a matter of when.

• Like 1

Homebrew Team · Posted

Ferris, I don't know much about the history of 5 to 3 screw, but doesn't Bucky O'Hare listed in your holding out hope section seem to be off the table?  Released in 1992, wasn't that way past the transition?  Were some factories still spitting out 5 screw editions that late?

10 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

Ferris, I don't know much about the history of 5 to 3 screw, but doesn't Bucky O'Hare listed in your holding out hope section seem to be off the table?  Released in 1992, wasn't that way past the transition?  Were some factories still spitting out 5 screw editions that late?

I remember when we didn't think Stinger existed. Then it was, no box for Stinger exists. You guys keep doing more research and figuring things out, my list is simply all Ultra/Konami games, just in case. 

54 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

In addition to what we termed a “factory mismatch” over at the Nintendo Age site, there were also some “repaired or serviced” carts that were sent back to Nintendo as defective or damaged; all of these being scenarios where a cart could have been inadvertently made available in a different cart shell.

Finding a late release like Konami Bucky O’Hare in a 5-screw cart is just plain wrong. It was never intended to be that way. Nobody should even be actively looking for it. It only has value as an “oddity” and a “novelty”, but it is absolutely nothing more then a mistake. Just like an “inverted jenny” cart. (cart with its sticker applied upside down”.  Merely a mistake.

While finding an early Konami release like Stinger in a 3-screw cart, is actually “correct”, and is far more realistic. As it would merely imply another production run was made of a previously released title, and it happened during or after the changeover.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...