IGNORED

Tiny lot (5) of SNES games fair price?

New collector here, seems from what I am reading this is a pretty good deal. They all have manuals not sure about any of the “extras.” I see The rise of the Phoenix alone is $30-40 cartridge alone. With box and manual I’m seeing sold prices $75-$100 on eBay. 

Am I missing something or is this a good buy? Being new I just want some experts to weigh in. Thanks for any input!

555D89FD-871F-4759-8443-BB54387B8408.png

Edited by ConsoleCollector88

34 minutes ago, ConsoleCollector88 said:

New collector here, seems from what I am reading this is a pretty good deal. They all have manuals not sure about any of the “extras.” I see The rise of the Phoenix alone is $30-40 cartridge alone. With box and manual I’m seeing sold prices $75-$100 on eBay. 

Am I missing something or is this a good buy? Being new I just want some experts to weigh in. Thanks for any input!

How much?

That seems like a nice deal to me dood, don't sweat it, F zero is pretty dope too pretty sure it's like 25-30+ for players choice boxed I'd say if you're interested go for it

Edit: yeah Reed makes a good point, what are your goals in collecting? I mean I mostly collect cib, but for a few I decided I was cool for now to just get games I like loose or if i find cib for a fair rate go for that.. kinda mixed.

Edited by drxandy

3 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Fair?  Sure.  Worth your time?

Are you a CIB collecter who is interested in owning crap like Lethal Weapon and Stanley Cup?  Then probably.

Are you looking to resell and profit?  Then most likely not.

Based on some previous posts, it doesn't seem as tho OP has found his focus in collecting yet. 

If you wanna be in this hobby long-term, you really need to figure out what you're passionate about, and set some collecting goals and start working towards a collection you can really feel the love for.

If your main concern is getting good deals, squeezing values out of your purchases, or thinking about what's gonna increase in value, you'll burn out of the hobby pretty quickly, probably whilst surrounded by large piles of cheap junk...

• Like 3

Listen to @OptOut he’s a weirdo, but speaks the truth. The only thing I’d add though is buy up the garbage you have nostalgia for. I bought a nice copy of a game recently that I loved as a kid. It’s a “garbage” game that I’ll never play. But damn does it look good on my shelves😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Based on some previous posts, it doesn't seem as tho OP has found his focus in collecting yet. 

If you wanna be in this hobby long-term, you really need to figure out what you're passionate about, and set some collecting goals and start working towards a collection you can really feel the love for.

If your main concern is getting good deals, squeezing values out of your purchases, or thinking about what's gonna increase in value, you'll burn out of the hobby pretty quickly, probably whilst surrounded by large piles of cheap junk...

Yeah I want CIB items as well as any and all games I played growing up. I just thought the value if I could get F Zero and The Rise of the Phoenix for a good deal maybe both for like $50 that I’d keep Zero and just eBay Phoenix. Thanks for the input.

29 minutes ago, drxandy said:

Another thing to keep in mind goals wise is if having players choice copies mixed in are going to bother you in the long run. I avoid them unless I'm going for variants because i like things to look even. 

You should see my Xbox collection...

IMG20200830215007.thumb.jpg.6759e6d6e4eea18ab73cd6dc4e476a67.jpg

Got a mix of PAL, Japanese, USA, platinum, limited edition, you name it I chuck em all on the shelf! They are at least alphabetized, and I've separated the 360 games... I'm not a monster! 😄

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

Hey I guess I should also say I like to keep it casual until you have proper space to display, I'ma fan of do what you feel to fit the space you have available.

@OptOut those are all really good Xbox games though!

I don't see any platinum hits mixed in there so you also good, the purple kinect cases I think are pretty cool too though.

Double also, a whole bunch of Xbox platinum hits all together look really friggin good. Those silver cases are super sliccck.

Edited by drxandy
  • Thanks 1