IGNORED

Star Trek Lower Decks = Utter Crap

22 hours ago, avatar! said:

I think you're missing the point here. People have a right to discuss shows/movies/games/politics as they see fit. It's not about "lighen up" it's about voicing an opinion and in this case while admittedly not exactly a pressing matter in the grand scheme of things, nonetheless sci-fi and other greeky fans are upset that a great franchise is getting ruined. And yes, most Star Trek fans have flocked over to The Orville since many view it as a real successor to Star Trek while today's Trek is an insult to Gene Roddenberry's vision. 

No they don't they just like having something to whine and moan about because it's fun! In fact, they probably LOVE the fact that they continue to get to bitch and moan ad nausium about Star Trek on the internet, just like all the Star Wars fans do bitching about Disney Star Wars. 

Star Trek isn't a vision, it's a product. It's a bunch of made up doo-hickey designed to make money. Your title for this thread is a bigger insult, if anything. You call a show you've seen a two minute trailer for UTTER CRAP. Wow, your opinion must be exceedingly well informed on the quality of an entire show you've only seen one trailer of... Certainly an opinion worth standing up for in the face of a little blow back from people who mostly don't give a shit! 😂

Yeah, I think lighten up was right on the money actually! Lighten up! 😛

1 hour ago, OptOut said:

No they don't they just like having something to whine and moan about because it's fun! In fact, they probably LOVE the fact that they continue to get to bitch and moan ad nausium about Star Trek on the internet, just like all the Star Wars fans do bitching about Disney Star Wars. 

Star Trek isn't a vision, it's a product. It's a bunch of made up doo-hickey designed to make money. Your title for this thread is a bigger insult, if anything. You call a show you've seen a two minute trailer for UTTER CRAP. Wow, your opinion must be exceedingly well informed on the quality of an entire show you've only seen one trailer of... Certainly an opinion worth standing up for in the face of a little blow back from people who mostly don't give a shit! 😂

taiwan!

2 hours ago, OptOut said:

I'm glad my thread and comments gave you something to "wine and moan about". I'm glad you think other people's opinions is worthless, and clearly your opinion is king.  

You view my thread as an "insult", okay little buddy. For someone who "mostly don't give a shit" you're giving a lot of shit...

17 minutes ago, avatar! said:

I'm glad my thread and comments gave you something to "wine and moan about". I'm glad you think other people's opinions is worthless, and clearly your opinion is king.  

You view my thread as an "insult", okay little buddy. For someone who "mostly don't give a shit" you're giving a lot of shit...

Yeah I love arguing online, I figured people would have noticed that by now lol! So actually yes, thanks! 🙂

Oh, and I didn't say your opinion was worthless, I said it was poorly informed and thus ill-considered. The title of the thread completely derides an entire show, presumably hours of content on the basis of a 2 minute trailer. That is inherently offensive to anyone who might want to give the show a shot, not to mention the presumably talented people who worked on aspects of it.

So yeah, you can have your hyperbolic thread titles and clickbait little threads full of your opinions, and here I am too. 😘

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Yeah I love arguing online, I figured people would have noticed that by now lol! So actually yes, thanks! 🙂

Oh, and I didn't say your opinion was worthless, I said it was poorly informed and thus ill-considered. The title of the thread completely derides an entire show, presumably hours of content on the basis of a 2 minute trailer. That is inherently offensive to anyone who might want to give the show a shot, not to mention the presumably talented people who worked on aspects of it.

So yeah, you can have your hyperbolic thread titles and clickbait little threads full of your opinions, and here I am too. 😘

That's fair.

Poorly informed, arguable. Informed with all the knowledge given thus far. 

It is rather a hyperbolic thread title, can't argue about that! I could have written the title as "New Star Trek Series Does Not Look Promising in the Least" but yeah, too many words 🙂 

And yes, it's just an opinion. I'm sure there will be people that will enjoy the show, but I'm willing to bet you a brand new LRG release, that it will be far fewer than those that (give it a fair try and) consider it terrible. And to be fair, I think it's the audience that ultimately decide. Take a look at The Orville, critics panned the first season, which in many ways could result in death for a new series. Fortunately, the audience loved it. If anything Lower Decks will probably be exactly the opposite as has been the case with the newer Trek series which basically are not much more than flashy effects and rewriting canon - hence why geeky fans are upset! I'd love to wrong, but...

Screenshot from 2020-07-27 08-18-01.png

• Like 1

On 7/26/2020 at 5:20 PM, avatar! said:

^ nice!

Those two Sesame Street skits are great and Sir Patrick Stewart is after all a Shakespearean actor.

He also plays the starring role in one of my wife's favorite versions of A Christmas Carol (late 90s, TNT movie I believe)...when the movie starts I kinda half expect him to say, "Scrooge's log, stardate..."

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, yeah, only one episode so far. Maybe it will get better (but I bet it won't).  As expected, the "critic" score is much higher than the audience score, but that's par for pretty much everything these days. If the "critics" hate it, the audience will like it, and vice versa. 

Screenshot from 2020-08-08 22-45-45.png

I'm a fan and have seen every series.  I liked Lower Decks, but it was slightly more crass than I'd prefer.  Regardless, I was entertained.

I also liked Picard, thought it was exceptional acting, but a slightly weaker than average plot.  LOVED the Romulans in it!   I also enjoy Discovery, believe it or not.  In fact, the only Trek that I haven't thoroughly enjoyed was DS9, especially after the Dominion War started, and Enterprise starting about halfway through Season 3.  Personally, my favorite is Voyager, followed by Next Gen, Discovery, and Picard. 

• Like 1

I listened to the TrekMovie podcast about the show and they have already been able to watch more episodes and said that the show only gets better.  They also said that watching the first episode again after watching the other episodes gives it a different light.  So, it may not be as crass as it moves forward. 

• 1 month later...
Events Helper · Posted
3 hours ago, TrekMD said:

So, has anyone been watching?  I have and I've been having a blast watching this show.  The attention to detail is remarkable and the stories are fun.  I do agree with the reviewers from TrekMovie.  It gets better as it moves forward.

I have and I like it.  pretty funny stuff in there.  I haven't watched the last few I've been busy, but might get a chance to watch in the morning.

• Like 1