IGNORED

No one is talking about the Super Mario Lego set?!

2 minutes ago, Link said:

That’s what you think

He is talking about the new line of SMB lego sets where Mario has an LCD-screen face that interacts with various blocks.

They look interesting, as a concept. but I don't really see the appeal of the builds/sets themselves.

But the LEGO NES console... that has my interest.

19 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

He is talking about the new line of SMB lego sets where Mario has an LCD-screen face that interacts with various blocks.

They look interesting, as a concept. but I don't really see the appeal of the builds/sets themselves.

But the LEGO NES console... that has my interest.

I stand corrected. I thought this was the figure that sits on top of the TV and reacts to the sound. OP is right, it’s rare for something to get past this board.

10 minutes ago, Link said:

I stand corrected. I thought this was the figure that sits on top of the TV and reacts to the sound. OP is right, it’s rare for something to get past this board.

Yes, the figure supposedly does have some interaction with the TV/NES-console set as well.

But it is the core set of a whole new licensed product line from LEGO as well (various Mario World levels and enemies)

• Like 1

Yup, as stated above by arch_8ngel, there's a whole line of interactive Mario Legos that just debuted that allow you to make your own levels with sounds and video interactions. 

It's a bit pricey but I preordered it for $10 off and free shipping, and my son is five and just starting to play games, so he's the perfect age for it.  Plus, the expansion sets and various Mario power suit mini sets are all awesome as hell.

Here's some detailed info:  https://www.pocket-lint.com/games/news/lego/151752-first-super-mario-lego-sets-detailed-including-how-mario-interacts-with-the-bricks

12 minutes ago, Quest4Nes said:

Got an nes lego online today. Easily available to get .

Yeah, they are currently listed as "Limit 2", so they should stick around.

If they blow through demand, I could see a set like this getting a back-order/reorder like the big pirate ship, as well.

I think they learned their lesson after how upset some people were about missing the Delorean or the Exo Suit.

Edited by arch_8ngel

On 7/29/2020 at 1:03 PM, a3quit4s said:

I'm sort of becoming numb to all the Nintendo stuff being put out lately. Its borderline become to much.

Hasn't Nintendo always had huge marketing? Maybe we don't notice as much as we're getting older, or maybe we're more irascible, but I don't think it's anything new.