IGNORED

Does anyone here drink non-alcoholic "near beer"?

fcgamer

6 hours ago, NESfiend said:

I didnt pay enough attention to the off-season, but I remember hearing Adam Schein say the reds easily had the best off-season of any team in mlb. I know most cardinal fans weren't thrilled with ours. Not sure how the cubs did. Reds may be a real threat this year if schein was right. 

The Reds did look good on paper going into the season and basically went all in this year, but it's hard telling if or when they will play any games. I did see several preseason predictions that picked them to win the division.

5 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

If you're switching for your health, non-alcoholic beer isn't any healthier than alcoholic beer. It's not the alcohol that's bad for you.

Ummmmmm...... Wait what?.... NA beer is definitely healthier. Not sure where you heard that alcohol isn’t bad for your health. 

25 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

Ummmmmm...... Wait what?.... NA beer is definitely healthier. Not sure where you heard that alcohol isn’t bad for your health. 

I had a doctor tell me that alcohol kills germs if you take it internally. That Hooters girl with the doctor's mask on made a very convincing argument.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I had a doctor tell me that alcohol kills germs if you take it internally. That Hooters girl with the doctor's mask on made a very convincing argument.

John daly says as long as you just drink lite beer, there is no way you will wake up in a dumpster after losing a fight to jack Daniel's. And despite 2 packs of smokes per day, umpteen Miller lites,  and 4 or 5 bags of peanut m&ms, he looks healthy as a horse. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, NESfiend said:

John daly says as long as you just drink lite beer, there is no way you will wake up in a dumpster after losing a fight to jack Daniel's. And despite 2 packs of smokes per day, umpteen Miller lites,  and 4 or 5 bags of peanut m&ms, he looks healthy as a horse. 

He really is in great shape. After all, round is a shape right?

21 hours ago, Richardhead said:

1 or 2 a week is going to do zero bad to your health. It's actually healthy to have a glass of alcohol a week.

Wait, nevermind, he wrote 1 or 2 a day. Ignore.

Edited by Code Monkey

15 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Next you're gonna say that it kills brain cells. I haven't forgotten the Konami code yet!

Crack kills brains cells!  And I bet Mr. Freeman would say that regarding smoking, it clogs up your lungs with icky black tar and smoke...

THAT MEANS YOU CAN HARDLY BREATHE!!

5 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

1 or 2 a week is going to do zero bad to your health. It's actually healthy to have a glass of alcohol a week.

Wait, nevermind, he wrote 1 or 2 a day. Ignore.

When you're overweight and trying to lose weight, it's harder to lose fat if you're drinking alcohol. 

I want to lose about 15 more pounds, and I think this will help.

I also just wanted an excuse to make this thread, I guess. I think na beer definitely is an underrated drink, and Ive always felt there was a bit of a stigma around it, though I'm not exactly sure why.

• Like 1

I've lost 20 pounds since Christmas, if you'd like some tips I could give them to you. Number one would be not drinking beer at all though.

Breads, sugars, cereals, milk, cut it out. Don't ride the elevator at all, take the stairs. Don't eat foods that shouldn't even be foods, like marshmallows.....why do they exist? Don't eat mayonnaise, use a different condiment. Greek yogurt is a substitute for sour cream and you can't even taste the difference.

Get yourself a fitness watch and track your steps, activity, sleep, heart rate and caloric intake. Download My Fitness Pal and set it up for the amount of weight you want to lose, then enter everything you eat.

Losing weight is pretty easy if you're committed, I even started running every day just because it's so easy now that I'm 20 pounds lighter. It's not even hard anymore.

Edited by Code Monkey

On 6/5/2020 at 9:13 PM, NESfiend said:

But as my 11th grade Geometry teacher used to often say, you can't go by looks!  But yeah, maybe the concessional adult beverage might be healthy but to me they all taste nasty 😞   Speaking of which, isn't that so cute that Kevin and his two pals (who I'm guessing are not 21) get themselves suspended from school (the real kind, none of that "in-house" stuff) and who knows what they ended up getting behind their folks' woodsheds...over something that by Kevin's own admission "tastes horrible"? 😛 

But considering at least a couple members of my family (adopted family but still) got into a LOT of trouble with alcohol and knowing how easy it can be to hit that slippery slope...I honestly think me not liking or caring for smokes or booze is probably for the best.

Edited by Estil

16 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Greek yogurt is a substitute for sour cream and you can't even taste the difference.

The Yoplait container for my sons yogurt looks just like the sour cream container. I mixed up the two and put a bowl of sour cream in front of him one morning. He definitely knew the difference hahahaha

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Estil said:

But as my 11th grade Geometry teacher used to often say, you can't go by looks! 

Lol I'm sure Daly's doctor has plenty of concerns. I guess I should clarify that I'm kidding about anyone modeling their lifestyle choices around his. Though I do think eliminating liquor and sticking to a light beer can help a person moderate/limit alcohol intake if total abstinence isn't for you. Daly is obviously a very extreme example. I applaud those who abstain totally. Just not for me.

And that full house clip is an absolute classic. I thought one day I'd reach an age where stuff like that stopped being funny. Wrong. It only gets funnier. 

5 hours ago, NESfiend said:

The Yoplait container for my sons yogurt looks just like the sour cream container. I mixed up the two and put a bowl of sour cream in front of him one morning. He definitely knew the difference hahahaha

Greek yogurt specifically. I serve it to my friends and they've never said anything. I can't even tell the difference.