IGNORED

New Looney Tunes Cartoons

T-Pac

On thing I thought was neat at the time of Looney Tunes on Nickelodeon was that for the second of the four shorts/episodes/whatever they'd show one of the b/w cartoons typically staring Bosco or Buddy (like there was any real difference) and I couldn't for the life of me figure out what kind of animal he was supposed to be...maybe a bug of some sort? *shrugs*  Sadly it turned out he was meant to be a human in stereotypical blackface. 😞  Still it was a pretty good cartoon considering how the animations were much more eh, wacky than the usual color Looney Tunes.

Also, Bosco and his wife/girlfriend got to make a special appearance in one of the Tiny Toons Adventures episodes when Babs is dismayed that there's apparently no female Looney Tunes at the time.  They did have to redo the characters to make them "dogs" with little dog ears...and I think it may have been the inspiration for Animaniacs.

I think the reason both Nick's Looney Tunes and ABC's Bugs and Tweety ended their runs around the turn of the millenium was because by this point Cartoon Network (which was owned by Time Warner/Turner Broadcasting...Turner I think had long since got all the Hanna-Barbera stuff) got exclusive rights to the 'Tunes.

BTW, when Space Jam came out, I thought it would've been super cool/awesome if a baseball version (Space Slam?) starring Ken Griffey, Jr could've been made.  I mean why not?  Air Bud was made into pretty much every sport you can imagine.

Great update. As with video games, I appreciate cartoons that do new work in the old style. idk if this appeals to the kids, but it’s good work in my book. 

Decent take on the character design. We’ve seen a lot of updated stuff on the old guys that’s way too try-hard wannabe-cool, and I think this actually gets it right. It’s not old-fashioned, but it’s also not too “wink wink look how cool I am”. Good blance of old and new, across the board for drawing style, plot, and dialog. 

• Like 1

As expected they have a very cheap look to their animation style, but on the other hand it's nowhere near as bad as would have expected from another of these reboots. They at least go for smooth animations, and a style that's very reminiscent of the original shorts, which is commendable.

Without the same amount of work put into all the little details you remember from the originals, I don't think they could ever recreate the same feeling - but at least the intention is there. I didn't find the shorts funny at all, but I can't hate on them either. I think the biggest challenge they face is that there's not really any audience for new cartoons that are mostly just mimicking what the old ones did.

3 hours ago, SpoonMan Abrams X said:

Classic Mandela Effect lol

What about the cornucopia in the Fruit of the Loom logo or those Berenstain Bears? lol

My wife (originally from Malden, MA; in Greater Boston) had a major Mandella effect regarding the infamous Bill Buckner blunder in Game 6 of the 1986 World Series.  For the longest time she remembered it as the end of the Series!  I had to remind her repeatedly that not only did they have another chance the next day in Game 7, but they ended up blowing a fairly early 3-0 lead in that game, just as they did in 1975's Game 7!!  Then again, it's not like we didn't see the ball going through his legs coming...oh wait we did...

51aaHk0H2AL._AC_.jpg

And while we're on the subject of the Mandella effect, how many of you remember this commercial as "you can't overload your underwear"? 😄 

Edited by Estil

5 hours ago, SpoonMan Abrams X said:

Classic Mandela Effect lol

Of course it's a wordplay on "toons", as in it's a cartoon that's also a music piece (the music was centric to especially the older ones).

Even if you can acredit anything to "the mandela affect", I really wouldn't count this one. I consider this more along the lines of spelling Mortal Kombat with a C, or PlayStation with a lowercase S. You'd have to see the logo spelled out to even notice the gimmick.