IGNORED

I love Marble Madness!

mbd39

5 minutes ago, guillavoie said:

One of my fav on the NES too!

Such a killer score Michael👍, definitely something that any Marble Madness high rollers should shoot for. One day I'll put myself at it again 🙂

Thanks. I also spent a few days trying to speedrun it. I got 19th out of 87 on the leaderboard with a time of 2:55. At least it's top 20.

Speedrunning is so much more demanding than playing for score. I can't do silly fast enough.

https://www.speedrun.com/marblemadness#Any

Such a good game, I've def never been good at it.

I did get to see Mark Cerny do a classic game postmortem live at GDC some years back. Was amazing to listen to the process of a game like that back then. If anyone is interested you can view it the talk here:

Also, thats a big-ass video embed 🙂 

Edited by Futureman

I really really want to be good at this game, but the timing always feels off. I want to be able to make tight turns but I feel like I'm steering an 18 wheeler on a highway full of bananas and ballbearings. 

Any tips for a noob on marble control?

23 minutes ago, zi said:

I really really want to be good at this game, but the timing always feels off. I want to be able to make tight turns but I feel like I'm steering an 18 wheeler on a highway full of bananas and ballbearings. 

Any tips for a noob on marble control?

The control is actually very tight but it takes practice to get the timing down. Eventually you develop the muscle memory for what you have to do. At least it's a very short game.

The world record holder yelsraek made a beginner tutorial that might be helpful.

• Thanks 1