IGNORED

I love Marble Madness!

mbd39

5 minutes ago, guillavoie said:

One of my fav on the NES too!

Such a killer score Michael๐Ÿ‘, definitely something that any Marble Madness high rollers should shoot for. One day I'll put myself at it again ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks. I also spent a few days trying to speedrun it. I got 19th out of 87 on the leaderboard with a time of 2:55. At least it's top 20.

Speedrunning is so much more demanding than playing for score. I can't do silly fast enough.

https://www.speedrun.com/marblemadness#Any

ย 

Such a good game, I've def never been good at it.

I did get to seeย Mark Cerny do a classic game postmortem live at GDC some years back. Was amazing to listen to the process of a game like that back then. If anyone is interested you can view it the talk here:

Also, thats a big-ass video embed ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

Edited by Futureman

I really really want to be good at this game, but the timing always feels off. I want to be able to make tight turns but I feel like I'm steering an 18 wheeler on a highway full of bananas and ballbearings.ย 

Any tips for a noob on marble control?

23 minutes ago, zi said:

I really really want to be good at this game, but the timing always feels off. I want to be able to make tight turns but I feel like I'm steering an 18 wheeler on a highway full of bananas and ballbearings.ย 

Any tips for a noob on marble control?

ย 

The control is actually very tight but it takes practice to get the timing down. Eventually you develop the muscle memory for what you have to do. At least it's a very short game.

The world record holder yelsraek made a beginner tutorial that might be helpful.

ย 

ย 

• Thanks 1