IGNORED

General Current Events/Political Discussion

MrWunderful

6 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Nope, look at the image on my last reply. Then go view the commercial I posted from China, read dozens of pages back where I posted about racist toothpaste, go even further back for the "coloured" discussion.

I'm just saying that if people honestly care about equality for all, we shouldn't be wasting our efforts on more or less trivial things, such as semantics, and historical artifacts, and we should be addressing the larger issues at hand. 

Comparatively, the USA has it good, and if we want to look at equality as a whole, choosing to look beyond just simply black versus white, then there are even more problems and prejudices we should be looking at. 

With many though, many in this thread even, it's more about promoting the agenda than addressing the issue at hand . All that does is alienate others that also want to fight for equality, it's counter productive.

Well that's a totally different discussion. What other problems and prejudices should we be addressing? 

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, fcgamer said:

I was not hateful , nor was I racist in my initial post. Do you disagree? I edited bit because  l misread his response, it's ironic because my initial comment to him was about misreading, but I will admit to the situation.  Hence the edit. But there was nothing hateful or racist in there, I hope that you clear it up for anyone else that might be wondering.

Yeah I'm not saying that your post was offensive or anything, just making sure it's clear that there's really no argument to be made for "abuse of power".

Ignoring his status as an admin, he could easily have seen your original post before you removed it, as I did. I saw your post in the activity feed, clicked it, then saw that you edited it away. He could easily have done the exact same thing.

Administrator · Posted

Yeah, stereotypes are offensive, whether good or bad. 

1) Agree - stereotypes are bad; a good example is "all asians are good at math". 

ANY stereotype puts pressure on a person to be a certain way and that's not cool, would be the simplest explanation.

2) Zep wasn't necessarily stereotyping, you could easily be misunderstanding intent.

Zep could simply be stating in fewer words "I've been to the asian market, and they literally all wear masks there, so I will go there". Not saying necessarily "all asians wear masks" but rather just "this neighborhood wears masks". I don't believe it's necessarily stereotyping, given his wording and context.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

USA has a larger population than a lot if countries.

Also, is the situation really much better elsewhere? You actually talk with anyone from abroad about the situation in their countries? England and the pub / beach situation, Norway , etc? 

If bogus information wouldn't have been provided initially, we wouldn't be where we are now.

Let me ask you something: The WHO lied about spread, lied about masks. They are the health experts lying to kowtow to China. Why should I or anyone else trust so-called "experts" , if the top echilon lied about it during the critical period where the situation could have been better handled? Yup, that's my point, something like that will cause people to lose faith in the authorities, that's why we are where we are where we are now 

Dude, get over the shit with the WHO, nobody is denying that this was made substantially worse by their decisions at the beginning.  The United States is far worse off from Covid due to incompetence among leadership and selfish, ignorant people, not the WHO.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Yeah I'm not saying that your post was offensive or anything, just making sure it's clear that there's really no argument to be made for "abuse of power".

Ignoring his status as an admin, he could easily have seen your original post before you removed it, as I did. I saw your post in the activity feed, clicked it, then saw that you edited it away. He could easily have done the exact same thing.

Yeah I thought of that as a possibility. Therefore it could be said that there perhaps had been an abuse of power . But I'd reckon it would be more fashionable to say there definitely was an abuse of power, without it being looked into further J/k

3 minutes ago, Doctornick said:

Dude, get over the shit with the WHO, nobody is denying that this was made substantially worse by their decisions at the beginning.  The United States is far worse off from Covid due to incompetence among leadership and selfish, ignorant people, not the WHO.

Strongly disagree.

You need to get off the blaming Trump bandwagon, it was the World Health Organisation, the top of the top of health agents, that failed, knowingly, for the sake of kowtowing to China.

That's facts man. Why do you have such a problem acknowledging that, is your family from there or part of the WHO or something?

Edited by fcgamer

Administrator · Posted

Strongly disagree.

You need to get off the blaming Trump bandwagon, it was the World Health Organisation, the top of the top of health agents, that failed, knowingly, for the sake of kowtowing to China.

That's facts man. Why do you have such a problem acknowledging that, is your family from there or part of the WHO or something?

tenor.gif

• Like 1

@Doctornick 

To put it into other terms:

You are playing a new video game and your friends tell you that there are only four stages, and that you should splurge and use all your weapons on the fourth stage difficult final boss. After beating it, it comes to fruition that your friends had no idea what they were talking about , you are only one third of the way through the game, and you've got no more weapons or energy refills.

The fault of your inevitable inadequate performance throughout the rest of the game lies with the misinformation if your friends, who told you to splurge and use all your weapons on the fourth stage. 

You are in the situation you are in now because of the WHO and China. 

5 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Strongly disagree.

I literally just said the WHO caused part of this because of their actions (lies/omissions).  Trump butchering the national response even when he had tons of good information coming in from doctors across the country is in him.   I voted for Trump in 2016 to try something different, before you just assume I'm on a bandwagon to hate the guy.  He has contributed to 135,000+ deaths in the US by botching the response.  He even had the blueprint from several European and Asian countries, and still managed to screw it up.  

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Strongly disagree.

If you think that Trump is not partially to blame for the current situation in the United States then you have no idea how influence works. No one here is denying that WHO fucked up. They doesn't change the fact that Trump bungled and bungled and emboldened people to not wear masks, etc.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Administrator · Posted

You are running a relay race . The first three guys sucked, therefore you lose, despite being a world record holder. It's equally your fault for losing?

To vaguely use your words, we're not comparing apples to apples here.

To imply that Trump is comparable in this scenario to a world record holder is preposterous. A shitty dude was handed a shitty hand. Doesn't make him less shitty. Other countries were dealt the same hand and handled it far better.

• Like 1

Just now, Doctornick said:

I literally just said the WHO caused part of this because of their actions (lies/omissions).  Trump butchering the national response even when he had tons of good information coming in from doctors across the country is in him.   I voted for Trump in 2016 to try something different, before you just assume I'm on a bandwagon to hate the guy.  He has contributed to 135,000+ deaths in the US by botching the response.  He even had the blueprint from several European and Asian countries, and still managed to screw it up.  

The WHO has contributed to 135,000+ deaths in the USA, as well as all the deaths worldwide.

We already addressed the situation earlier regarding providing one set of information, then later denouncing it and providing another set, did we not?

Whereas you or I might look strictly at facts, many people dont, in the divided America that now is reality, so of course no.matter what bandwagon one party jumps on, the other will denounce it. What can be expected?

If the organisation that is supposed byo the care of such issues regarding health, worldwide, had provided true, unbiased information , the situation likely would not have become as political in the states, and less people would have died.

So yup, it's the who's fault

6 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

If you think that Trump is not partially to blame for the current situation in the United States then you have no idea how influence works. No one here is denying that WHO fucked up. They doesn't change the fact that Trump bungled and bungled and emboldened people to not wear masks, etc.

Good one bro, tell me another

2 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

The WHO has contributed to 135,000+ deaths in the USA, as well as all the deaths worldwide.

We already addressed the situation earlier regarding providing one set of information, then later denouncing it and providing another set, did we not?

Whereas you or I might look strictly at facts, many people dont, in the divided America that now is reality, so of course no.matter what bandwagon one party jumps on, the other will denounce it. What can be expected?

If the organisation that is supposed byo the care of such issues regarding health, worldwide, had provided true, unbiased information , the situation likely would not have become as political in the states, and less people would have died.

So yup, it's the who's fault

So I don't think you're understanding me at all, or arguing just for the sake of it.  Just answer me this because maybe I'm misunderstanding you.  Is Trump and the US government responsible for the current status of Covid here in the US?

3 minutes ago, Gloves said:

To vaguely use your words, we're not comparing apples to apples here.

To imply that Trump is comparable in this scenario to a world record holder is preposterous. A shitty dude was handed a shitty hand. Doesn't make him less shitty. Other countries were dealt the same hand and handled it far better.

If we are not comparing apples to apples then there is nothing left to say. Draw comparisons based on all the factors that I mentioned earlier, then let's see how the USA is doing in comparison to other countries.

Just now, Doctornick said:

So I don't think you're understanding me at all, or arguing just for the sake of it.  Just answer me this because maybe I'm misunderstanding you.  Is Trump and the US government responsible for the current status of Covid here in the US?

Strong no.

I went back to the States for Chinese New Year , about the end of January. Things were pretty much normal in the USA, though at that time things were kicking off in China, and a short time later, in Italy.

By the middle of February, when it was time for me to go back to Taiwan, masks were sold out in almost all the shops in my (rural) area, despite nothing having kicked off. People were buying to sell on eBay, and I guess some people were also buying to mail masks out to family in Wuhan or wherever.

I go back to Taiwan, my doctor friend tells me and others to sanitize, wash hands, wear masks, and social distance... everything will be fine.

A short while later, I read articles online downplaying the contagiousness of the virus and spread. Similarly I read articles stating that masks are useless. Both from the WHO, well isn't it strange, literally the whole Taiwan government is saying otherwise, and this isn't their first rodeo, they went through SARS in 2002 or whenever it was.

A few weeks or months later, after the virus spread worldwide, suddenly the WHO changes their story and says otherwise on these points, despite taiwan telling them otherwise from the start. At this point everyone is f'ed. 

That's how things went down. As I said earlier, in a polarized country, of course people are going to feel suspicious when the story changes....must be a political agenda....etc

So no, it's not Trump's fault, it's the who's fault, China's fault, Tedros fault, etc. You dare to argue otherwise?

To put it in another way , Taiwan is maybe 500 miles from the origin of the virus, we had iirc seven dead, 450 infected, and maybe five now still in hospitals. We took action because we weren't in the WHO, we knew we had to do our own research as China wouldn't pass anything on to us. That's why we were a success story.

5 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Hahaha give me more. Those guys had no skin in the game, weren't following bit from the start. 

We ended up where we are because big the who, do you disagree?

7 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Strong no.

I went back to the States for Chinese New Year , about the end of January. Things were pretty much normal in the USA, though at that time things were kicking off in China, and a short time later, in Italy.

By the middle of February, when it was time for me to go back to Taiwan, masks were sold out in almost all the shops in my (rural) area, despite nothing having kicked off. People were buying to sell on eBay, and I guess some people were also buying to mail masks out to family in Wuhan or wherever.

I go back to Taiwan, my doctor friend tells me and others to sanitize, wash hands, wear masks, and social distance... everything will be fine.

A short while later, I read articles online downplaying the contagiousness of the virus and spread. Similarly I read articles stating that masks are useless. Both from the WHO, well isn't it strange, literally the whole Taiwan government is saying otherwise, and this isn't their first rodeo, they went through SARS in 2002 or whenever it was.

A few weeks or months later, after the virus spread worldwide, suddenly the WHO changes their story and says otherwise on these points, despite taiwan telling them otherwise from the start. At this point everyone is f'ed. 

That's how things went down. As I said earlier, in a polarized country, of course people are going to feel suspicious when the story changes....must be a political agenda....etc

So no, it's not Trump's fault, it's the who's fault, China's fault, Tedros fault, etc. You dare to argue otherwise?

To put it in another way , Taiwan is maybe 500 miles from the origin of the virus, we had iirc seven dead, 450 infected, and maybe five now still in hospitals. We took action because we weren't in the WHO, we knew we had to do our own research as China wouldn't pass anything on to us. That's why we were a success story.

Guess that's the end of our discussion dude, your defense of Trump and the US government is literally if they tell you to jump off a bridge, would you.  It's absolutely his fault as well as that of the WHO (initially). The increase from June to now is 100% on our government here though.

• Like 5

Administrator · Posted

Yeah sorry fc, but your arguments are incredibly weak here. I dunno why you seem to feel the need to actively defend Trump. 

He was dealt the exact same hand as any other WHO-informed country and has done significantly worse. Your one tiny island country doing well doesn't really prove much of anything. AGAIN apples to oranges - whether Trump did well needs to be compared to the other countries that were in the same boat, and he simply did incredibly poorly.

Since you like analogies:

I'm in a boat with my 5 friends and a crocodile. You are on another boat with nobody else, and no animals, dangerous or otherwise. The crocodile starts attacking people, and manages to eat one. Two of my friends and I run away from the crocodile and hop on a life raft, escaping. The remaining friend decides to ignore the crocodile, claiming it to be a hoax. That friend is then eaten.

Guess who's Trump.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Don’t even bother dude he’s just wasting your time. He literally manufactured outrage and then told you he didn’t. 

he just pops in every few days to stir things up and pretend to be the victim. Anyone with reading comprehension can see that he’s been proven wrong repeatedly but just needs that attention!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1