IGNORED

Did GameValueNow's collection page finally just die?

God help me if I have to log all those games again. It's like GoCollect is intent on pissing everyone off that might utilize their site. Why not issue a bulletin or something for a week before nuking? Hopefully it's just a bug, but if it comes back up, I am backing it up quickly and moving on.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Gloves said:

@Magus any word? 

Sorry guys, just seen these. The site is down, seems to be a server issue. 

I have reached out, and they temporarily fixed it earlier. But it went down again.

I am hoping they will have it fixed tomorrow, or monday the latest, but since it is the weekend they may not have someone available to remedy the issue. I will update you guys when i know more. 

As far as i know there is no need to panic, and it will likely be fixed by monday. 

Edited by Magus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Administrator · Posted

One thing I've found is that video game related sites are particularly susceptible in general to DDoS and similar attacks. Not to say that this is the case here, but even VGS itself being a pretty damn new site has had its fair share already of attacks. 

The gaming community is full of great people, but also a fair few asshats that just hate seeing others enjoying themselves. 

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

Please don’t take this to be anything against you Magus, I trust that you’re telling it like they tell you but you’re gonna have a hard time finding anyone here that believes a word those scumfucks say after they burned down Asgard.

I don't blame the pyros, I blame the scum that sold them matches.

On 2/11/2020 at 8:26 PM, Hammerfestus said:

Please don’t take this to be anything against you Magus, I trust that you’re telling it like they tell you but you’re gonna have a hard time finding anyone here that believes a word those scumfucks say after they burned down Asgard.

I understand, i don't take it personal or anything. 

But i have been with GVN before Gocollect bought it. So It is important to me and i am just trying to do my part to keep it up and running and get it back to full speed. 

So far they have been working with me to do that. 

It still is being worked on. I guess something is putting lots of stress on the server and they are trying to figure it out. 

The collection tracker should be back up, it's working for me at the moment. And the database is also working, but slower than usual for now when looking at individual games. 

I will update again when it's back to 100% for those that are interested.

Edited by Magus
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Meteor_of_War said:

The collection tracker still isn't working for me.  I can get to the login page, but it just hangs every time I try to log in.

Ugh. Yup i am now getting the same issue. I will report it back to them. 

Thanks

Edited by Magus

1 minute ago, hyrulevyse said:

Working for me just fine for whatever that's worth

Yup same here. The server seems to be very unstable right now. It is possible that is because they are still working on getting it 100% and whatever they are tinkering with is slowing it down intermittently. 

4 minutes ago, Meteor_of_War said:

No problem Magus, thanks for all the efforts with this.  Its a great tool I hope you can get it back to full functionality again soon!

Not a problem, happy to help. I am confident we will get it back to 100% soon. 

This is the first issue like this since the changing of hands, so i imagine it is a little challenging on their end as they don't know the database inside and out like Rick (Hogie) did. So it may just take a little bit longer until the person working on it gets used to everything. 

27 minutes ago, Meteor_of_War said:

Sadly its still not working for me.  Tried it on Firefox, Chrome, and mobile.  Also tried clearing my cache.

Just keeps hanging at the login.

12 minutes ago, Quest4Nes said:

Still not working for me at all. I was able to see a login page yesterday . But when I try to login it just forever never loads.

Hmm it is still working for me at the moment. I was just able to sign in like normal at normal speed as well. 

I will let them know it is not functioning correctly for certain people still though and which browsers they used. Thanks for the heads up. 

Edited by Magus
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Magus said:

Hmm it is still working for me at the moment. I was just able to sign in like normal at normal speed as well. 

I will let them know it is not functioning correctly for certain people still though and which browsers they used. Thanks for the heads up. 

Same for me on Chrome.  I get to the login page, but can't get further than that.