IGNORED

Gamestop store closing tracker

15 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

I'm still shocked that there's two stores a literal mile apart near me and the smaller one hasn't shut down.   It must get enough traffic to justify staying open.

Nah they just haven’t caught it yet. I’m surprised the store shutdown hammer isn’t happening faster given the financials 

4 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Nah they just haven’t caught it yet. I’m surprised the store shutdown hammer isn’t happening faster given the financials 

Dunno, even with the proximity those are probably the two best performing stores in the county.

23 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Wouldn’t it still make more sense to push everyone to one store than to have two?

im not far enough along in my MBA program to figure it out 😛

Depends.   There's a loooooooooooot of shit in that mile between stores; it may actually behoove them to keep them separate.   

Plus you would think you'd need to make one store bigger, and I don't think they really want to try to take over new space.

To get a better idea, google "Beldon Park Gamestop" and "The Strip Gamestop" in Canton, Ohio to see what I'm talking about.

Just picked up a Megaman x buster cannon for my brother 70% off. Also a genesis classic mini for $34. 😁

Chatted with the guy in this store who I’ve chatted with on and off for the past 5 years. He’s not going to relocate.. said the writings on the wall for Gamestop. He’ll be learning new skills to get out of retail

Obviously it's going to be different in stores all across the country, but every conversation I've ever had at a GameStop has gone like this:

• GS Employee:  Hi.  Can I help you find anything today?
  • Me:  No, I'm just looking.
  • GS Employee:  OK.  Let me know if you need anything.

I don't think that's too bad.  And this applies to the 5 or 6 stores that I visit throughout the year.  

14 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Obviously it's going to be different in stores all across the country, but every conversation I've ever had at a GameStop has gone like this:

• GS Employee:  Hi.  Can I help you find anything today?
  • Me:  No, I'm just looking.
  • GS Employee:  OK.  Let me know if you need anything.

I don't think that's too bad.  And this applies to the 5 or 6 stores that I visit throughout the year.  

The employees at the Gamestop nearest me typically ask what I've been playing and it usually goes like this:

Me - This last week, I put a couple hours into Gun.Smoke and Kickle Cubickle. Really good games that nobody really talk about...

GS employee - Ya, no doubt...I've been playing (insert indie anime title her)...

Me - Ya, sure...

I'd rather not have to go through that awkward exchange

Just now, Nugfish said:

The employees at the Gamestop nearest me typically ask what I've been playing and it usually goes like this:

Me - This last week, I put a couple hours into Gun.Smoke and Kickle Cubickle. Really good games that nobody really talk about...

GS employee - Ya, no doubt...I've been playing (insert indie anime title her)...

Me - Ya, sure...

I'd rather not have to go through that awkward exchange

If you want a conversation like that at any of my local GameStops, you would need to initiate that conversation.  

• 2 weeks later...

The one in my local mall Altamonte Mall (Altamonte Springs, FL) closed about a year ago, another store in the mall wanted the space but instead of moving the store in the mall to another space they just closed it.

Now we do have several other near me I would say about 5 in a 5 mile radius, so not that big a loss, just strange as its a mall with decent traffic.

I love my gamestop and would sincerely be heart broke if it closed. Im in a small town (about 30k pop) and the gamestop there have super nice people that I can have a conversation with for an hour about the games we're playing at that moment. But with the growing speculation of GS going down I still have 2 preorders im wishing would stop getting moved back. I don't buy A LOT from them but when they have the buy 2 get 2 or something like it, im in there the whole time its going on.