IGNORED

$20 Bounty on Forsaken 64 Information!

Gloves

Administrator · Posted

Forsaken 64. It's an interesting game, reminiscent of Descent. Honestly I like it a lot. But it has some secrets, and those secrets can be a bit puzzling sometimes.

Today I'm looking for some assistance in finding two specific things:

1. How to unlock the door to the right from the beginning of the level Kill the Head
  2. Does the Chaos Shield exist in Single Player?

For # 1, to be clear I am looking to get this door opened:

image.png

Unlock that door and tell me how, and once I confirm it works - son that's $10 in your direction!

For #2, the Chaos Shield is shown in the manual, but I've yet to find one anywhere in Single Player mode. It may well exist in Battle Mode and/or Multiplayer mode, but I've not confirmed its existence in the regular story gameplay.

image.png

If someone can both confirm it exists and provide instructions on where to obtain it in Single Player/Story/Campaign/whatever you like to call it mode - that's another $10.

If you can find the information online and just straight up drop it here, that is acceptable also and worth the tenner for finding something I seemingly can't. Maybe it's cuz I use Bing!

• Like 1

Well, I’m not sure if this is helpful, but for #1, the guy in this video veers left, backtracks, picks up an orb and then goes straight into the door. Any chance you had to get a key in an earlier level?

Administrator · Posted
7 minutes ago, RH said:

Well, I’m not sure if this is helpful, but for #1, the guy in this video veers left, backtracks, picks up an orb and then goes straight into the door. Any chance you had to get a key in an earlier level?

I'll take a look; doing things in one level to unlock another level in another lane (think Star Fox) is common, but I'm not aware of anything requiring doing something in an earlier level to unlock a door or secret in another.

Administrator · Posted

Wow he just... goes right on through it. xD

Yeah nothing they did in the Kill the Head level would have that effect. THAT said, they ALSO opened the bigger door to the left just by running into it, which... well that door's supposed to be locked as well. The button you press to open that door is in another room altogether.

It's possible they're cheating somehow to have doors auto-open. I'd have to review the rest of their gameplay to be sure.

45 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

Is this a multi cart version? Seems unplayable. Just chuck it right into the trash.

You forgot the part about wanting to buy it again once someone else posts about it 😛

9 hours ago, Gloves said:

This is what normally happens (for me):

image.gif

Well, yeah, maybe don't trust that one.  There's another channel called World of Longplays, which is my go-to for watching long plays.  They do have this game, but the player never goes through that door.  That, or they found a different way into that area through a corridor shaft, or something.

World of Longplays is generally trustworthy as a "how to" to beat something.  Most of their longplays are TAS accomplished, but this is so that the videos can show you what to do without the player having to be perfect to no-death run any game.  That said, the TAS play isn't perfect and, in fact, I think most games are played by people using save states and they just rewind when they die and trim the videos to sync with their game play.

Anyway, I think WoL tries to be a go-to source for reliable playthrough videos that do NOT have commentary, because I just find that annoying.  I'm not watching the whole video, but maybe their player finds that Chaos Shield.  Sorry I couldn't help more.

22 hours ago, RH said:

Well, yeah, maybe don't trust that one.  There's another channel called World of Longplays, which is my go-to for watching long plays.  They do have this game, but the player never goes through that door.  That, or they found a different way into that area through a corridor shaft, or something.

World of Longplays is generally trustworthy as a "how to" to beat something.  Most of their longplays are TAS accomplished, but this is so that the videos can show you what to do without the player having to be perfect to no-death run any game.  That said, the TAS play isn't perfect and, in fact, I think most games are played by people using save states and they just rewind when they die and trim the videos to sync with their game play.

Anyway, I think WoL tries to be a go-to source for reliable playthrough videos that do NOT have commentary, because I just find that annoying.  I'm not watching the whole video, but maybe their player finds that Chaos Shield.  Sorry I couldn't help more.

Theres another channel like that I like. 

Nintendo Complete

https://youtube.com/@nintendocomplete?si=-ZT2byrycB3EjyLm

Just straight play throughs of games with no commentary, and they have A LOT of games done.

I also like the channel U Can Beat Video Games, for the opposite reason as there is commentary but he gives you all the extra information like alternate paths or optional weapons and such. 

https://youtube.com/@ucanbeatvideogames?si=0-dnFE9KBQ3KVwNQ

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted

So update: I spent some time last night speaking with two people who speedrun the game, one being the current world record holder. 

It turns out the game has more than a few exploitable glitches! If you let the game idle for a bit and go into demo mode it'll actually unlock doors in the levels it loads for demo mode. There's also a glitch which allows you to basically skip almost the entire final level of the game (the boss gauntlet). Crazy stuff! 

Also, we more or less confirmed that Chaos Shield does NOT exist in single player. Sad. 

That said, still interested in how to open that door! I didn't ask them about that specifically. If there's a way to open it naturally, I wanna know. It's eating away at me inside. 

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
17 minutes ago, Gloves said:

So update: I spent some time last night speaking with two people who speedrun the game, one being the current world record holder. 

It turns out the game has more than a few exploitable glitches! If you let the game idle for a bit and go into demo mode it'll actually unlock doors in the levels it loads for demo mode. There's also a glitch which allows you to basically skip almost the entire final level of the game (the boss gauntlet). Crazy stuff! 

Also, we more or less confirmed that Chaos Shield does NOT exist in single player. Sad. 

That said, still interested in how to open that door! I didn't ask them about that specifically. If there's a way to open it naturally, I wanna know. It's eating away at me inside. 

i know to get to certain levels you have to beat a level in a certain time, it has been a year or so since i played, is that one of the levels that you can diverge in the game?  Maybe its a timing issue?  🤷‍♂️  Just thinking......

Administrator · Posted
28 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

i know to get to certain levels you have to beat a level in a certain time, it has been a year or so since i played, is that one of the levels that you can diverge in the game?  Maybe its a timing issue?  🤷‍♂️  Just thinking......

Mmmmm possibly. The door is a direct route straight to the secret boss of the level, which you'd normally approach from the other side (through the normal boss room). So it's just a bit odd and confusing.

Events Helper · Posted
3 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Mmmmm possibly. The door is a direct route straight to the secret boss of the level, which you'd normally approach from the other side (through the normal boss room). So it's just a bit odd and confusing.

start delving into some guides to find out?  would be my only possible suggestion.

Administrator · Posted
9 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

start delving into some guides to find out?  would be my only possible suggestion.

I've read every guide I can find online (in English). I can't find the official strategy guide scanned online, so that's a no-go (and probably doesn't go in-depth enough into individual doors anyway).

• Sad 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, Gloves said:

I've read every guide I can find online (in English). I can't find the official strategy guide scanned online, so that's a no-go (and probably doesn't go in-depth enough into individual doors anyway).

start speedrunning certain level(s) prior to it?