IGNORED

Super Famicom Prototype console on Yahoo Japan Auctions

Never thought this would see the light of day.

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/v1135225758?conversionType=YahooAuction_DirectSearch

Interesting is the cartridge slot is shaped different and the AV port on the back looks like the same port on a Famicom Disk System but upside down.

The bids are pretty insane,wonder what it will finally sell for.

• Wow! 1

1 hour ago, Brickman said:

I'd be surprised if all those bids are real now. The Nintendo Playstation went for $300k and this is already at $456k? It will be interesting to watch and see the final price and if it actually sells for that. 

The people have spoken. Pure Nintendo is better than Nintendo tainted with something else.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

The people have spoken. Pure Nintendo is better than Nintendo tainted with something else.

It’s nearly over a mil now. Finally people are realising Japanese releases > lowly 2nd print scum Western releases.

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Brickman said:

It’s nearly over a mil now. Finally people are realising Japanese releases > lowly 2nd print scum Western releases.

That is true, but at the end of the day this is just SNES...ugh

• Haha 2
  • Eyeroll 1

For a prototype system that was kept by professionals in the video game industry, they sure did abuse this thing. Theres lots scuffs and signs of wear. You’d think this was some American kids old system 

10 hours ago, Brickman said:

I'd be surprised if all those bids are real now. The Nintendo Playstation went for $300k and this is already at $456k? 

7 hours ago, Brickman said:

It’s nearly over a mil now. 

🤨 idgi

Current Price
407,000 yen  (US$2,763.53)

2 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

It looks like fake bids were cancelled. It was some astronomical number.

The auction shows as ended. Did they end it prematurely? I thought there was still 3 days left

On 5/8/2024 at 3:37 AM, Brickman said:

I reckon you secretly have a massive library of SFC/SNES games 😆

You reckon correctly, he has plenty, dislikes them (supposedly) but still hasn't parted with them yet.  I've asked 😉

On a more serious bit, it's fascinating, and I'm really really curious if whoever wins it could rig up something?  Sure the controller port lacks a few pins...doesn't mean someone who knows how circuits and wires work couldn't cobble something using a SNES controller right?  Perhaps similarly to the rear with the audio visual as well.  WHat if the pin connector is the same as a SFC cart, but the shell is just wrong, pop it out, maybe 3D print a new shell that's easily popped open (like a snes cleaning kit) if it will actually DO something and isn't more into the weeds where it can't read a real game.

This if it wasn't some toxic expensive mess to get would be a fun investigation, like Ben did with the SNES CD proto.