IGNORED

Netflix has games now, apparently?

Reed Rothchild

It's not streaming.  You download and play them on your device.  No ads, no micro transactions.  A few good titles are there.  Not a bad bonus if you have Netflix

Apple Arcade and Google Play Pass are good too.

• Agree 1

Administrator · Posted
3 hours ago, fox said:

It's not streaming.  You download and play them on your device.  No ads, no micro transactions.  A few good titles are there.  Not a bad bonus if you have Netflix

Apple Arcade and Google Play Pass are good too.

I may have misread something the other day in that case, nice.

• Agree 1

I called Netflix Customer Service for support on an unrelated issue last week and had to open up a random show or movie to test if it had been fixed. I clicked on the first random thing my remote landed on and the movie sat on the title screen but didn't play at all. It was an extremely confusing and long support call before we both realized I had clicked on a game and it was waiting for controller input. What a pain in the ass, I didn't even know it had games, I thought I had clicked a movie.

I logged into Netflix (on my phone) for gaming a few years ago because they have a Stranger Things game for free that I couldn't play elsewhere.  That game was designed for phone, so it worked great, but I'm just not someone who uses their phone like that.

I see more of this "stream" or "dl and play" on your TV coming.  Certain Samsung TVs can now run Xbox cloud gaming in beta.

Edited by wongojack