IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2024 - 665/677

5 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Still not sure what's going to be on the bonus list, but I'll mention that I knocked off Puzzle in case it happens to be on there.

Eh, I'm not sure that I want to have a bonus list this year. I'd like to actually finish the licensed list this time, plus there's a ton of bonus points already from the pain points.

7 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

Well I got half way at the water stage in Blaster Master and the game glitched and I soft locked.  So I dont expect to go back to this any time soon because i'm too annoyed to try again.

Was it that spot where you go to enter the door and end up in the middle of the wall? Because that happened to me before too..

Lemmings is done.

I used to love The Incredible Machine from Sierra / Dynamix on the PC, but this game is really a chore compared to that. Even when you know what to do, it's more of a battle against the NES controller and wonky interface. After 10 levels of the game, it's like "I get it, enough already."

Man, if the Incredible Machine were ported to SNES back in the day, that would have rocked ass.

IMG_9771.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

Since I see there has been some "competition" in the Koei block, I'm going to start on L'Empereur. I want to beat every Koei game on highest difficulty, so I'll start with Scenario 1.

If anyone really was feeming to beat this one, let me know, and I'll pick another one and still beat it for fun later in the year 🙂

44 minutes ago, scaryice said:

Eh, I'm not sure that I want to have a bonus list this year. I'd like to actually finish the licensed list this time, plus there's a ton of bonus points already from the pain points.

Not gonna stop me from posting every time I beat an unlicensed game, just in case.  And because I enjoy them.  And because they shouldn't be separate anyway.  But I digress 😛

49 minutes ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

Lemmings is done.

I used to love The Incredible Machine from Sierra / Dynamix on the PC, but this game is really a chore compared to that. Even when you know what to do, it's more of a battle against the NES controller and wonky interface. After 10 levels of the game, it's like "I get it, enough already."

Yeah Incredible Machine was great - on PC. However, I have it on 3DO and it's a real pain in the ass. Similarly, Lemmings is good on PC, it's just the NES port that sucks. Now that you're a fellow "Nintendo Lemming Master", I can let you into our inner circle. We have meetings every 3rd Tuesday of the month.

4 hours ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

Since I see there has been some "competition" in the Koei block, I'm going to start on L'Empereur. I want to beat every Koei game on highest difficulty, so I'll start with Scenario 1.

If anyone really was feeming to beat this one, let me know, and I'll pick another one and still beat it for fun later in the year 🙂

With L'Empereur, starting on scenario 1 is the only real way to do it.  Later scenarios are just making the game shorter.

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2024 - 316/677
3 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

With L'Empereur, starting on scenario 1 is the only real way to do it.  Later scenarios are just making the game shorter.

Don't disagree, but that same logic could be applied to a lot of the winning conditions. For instance, I just skipped 50 levels of Lemmings since the winning conditions doc suggests doing so.

7 hours ago, WashYourFace said:

Yeah Incredible Machine was great - on PC. However, I have it on 3DO and it's a real pain in the ass. Similarly, Lemmings is good on PC, it's just the NES port that sucks. Now that you're a fellow "Nintendo Lemming Master", I can let you into our inner circle. We have meetings every 3rd Tuesday of the month.

Yeah, but that sweet SNES mouse could have been used quite effectively.

Let me know where those meetings are so I can be as far away as possible each month

8 hours ago, scaryice said:

Was it that spot where you go to enter the door and end up in the middle of the wall? Because that happened to me before too..

No but it may be related.  I was in the water area and I went thru one of the screen transition tubes as Jason in the map screen area, but it didn't show me going in the front but off to the side or something.  I didn't think it was a big deal cuz I could still play, but then when I went to the small door for the underground boss levels levels, I couldn't go in the door.  I kept pressing up, then thinking "oh its probably just glitched so if I find the right area it'll correct itself".  I found it off to the left and instead of putting me in the underground area, it moved me elsewhere in the map area and stuck me inside of a wall.  Couldn't get out.

Anyway I finished off Conan.  Had to learn it and again needed some thanks for some youtube videos because its been sso long.  Weird game.  Not as hard as you'd think but its more about getting an idea how to use the silly controls.  Down for jumping forward isn't so bad but you dont use it as much as Up+forward which is a forward running jump, which is essential for the 2nd to last level platforms.  Game is also very generous with health when you farm for it, so its really making sure you don't die falling in pits, esp since the game only gives you 3 lives and thats it.