IGNORED

Game Debate #180: Super Mario Kart

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT historical significance

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite games of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer f'ing game. Everyone should play it.
    • 8/10 - Great game. You like to recommend it.
    • 7/10 - Very good game, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy occasionally playing it.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to play.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not a very good game.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible game in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Desert Bus of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your genitals than play this.
    • Never played it, but you're interested.
    • Never played it, never will.
  2. 2. Next week's poll

On 11/23/2023 at 6:23 PM, twiztor said:

it's really quite simple: i had the most fun with it. 

i played the FUCK out of the n64 version. tons of multiplayer with friends when i was in high school. dominated all the single player. had an awesome time with it. I rank it at #3 because of that nostalgia, but also because the graphics make it very hard to go back to.

fast forward to the Wii version. the graphics are better. there are a ton more courses and racers. i played this almost exclusively multiplayer with friends. no matter who i was hanging out with, EVERYONE played this and everyone had fun. None of us were super hardcore about it, so each person would pick their favorite character (rather than the consensus best) and we would just have fun. Yes, this is when the items arguable got out of control, and this was (IMO) when the rubber banding was at its utmost ridiculous, but it really did serve to balance the best of us versus the newbies. Ultimately, it all just comes down to having the most fun. 

makes sense. I loved TF2 when I played it b

9 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

This is a rare event where each entry in the series gets better but also stands out from each other in different ways. I love this game and will stand by it being among the top entries in the series. This really started off the party mechanic in a previously series genre.

Yeah, I can agree with this. I don't always like every entry, but I can't say that any game clearly invalidates the others. I feel the same way about F-Zero, though I bet I wouldn't feel that way if I hadn't gone in release order, mostly because of how obscenely good F-Zero GX is at everything it does.

I absolutely love the entire series. Super mario kart has a ton of charm and is super cool for what it is. I would give it a 10 but I am not quite a fan of the controls. They feel super slippery compared to the newer ones. Perhaps it isn't fair to compare it to the newer ones, but it is still fun.

It's a terrible game. Never had it until a teenager, my brother and I got it because we loved Mario Kart 64 so much.

Super Mario Kart was a Funcoland purchase, though I remember seeing it advertised and thought it looked interesting back in the SNES heyday.

Anyways, the game was a thousand steps back from Mario Kart 64, and I also found it to suck when compared to racers such as Micro Machines and Super Sprint.

Terrible controls, boring music and tracks, I can't recommend this garbage to anyone aside from playing for historical reasons.

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 1