IGNORED

Does anyone know of a good, master list of 100%, Nintendo Company developed games?

RH

Having made video games for well over 40 years, Nintendo has had numerous games with their brand on it.  It's  my understanding that in the industry we consider a game to be "by" a company if they developed it, published it or contracted out an external firm to develop the game for them to publish.

I'm not looking to get off on the discussion of what makes a Nintendo a game a 100% , fully Nintendo title, but I am curious about which Nintendo titles across the years were 100% made in house.

Does anyone know of a well maintained table on the internet with these details, or do you have a spreadsheet you'd be willing to share?  I don't mind if the list has a bunch of Nintendo branded games, but if there are details that I could use for filtering, like if the developer was another company, then it should work.

In short, I'm looking for a master list of all games that were 100% designed, engineered and published in-house by Nintendo.  Anyone know where I can find or compile that list?

This seems legit:

https://nintendo.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_games

says published games though. Still feel like you need to define what makes a game 100% made by Nintendo though before you can compile a list based on unknown characteristics 

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 1

While I'm sure there are some that were 100% developed by Nintendo, with the nature of game development and outsourcing things (especially nowadays when dev teams are huge), I don't know if a true comprehensive list could ever be compiled for everything. Who knows what little thing here and there was outsourced just to make a deadline and Nintendo never publicized it.

Edited by Tulpa

I halfheartedly tried to make something like this as a collecting goal list, but it gets confusing quickly and I didn't feel like researching the development credits of every single game Nintendo ever had their name put on.

Rhythm Tengoku is developed by Nintendo SPD, but the music, which you'd call a critical part of the game, is credited to other companies. F1 Race on Game Boy was developed by R&D1, but it's a port of a HAL Laboratory Famicom game. You start trying to make this "truly Nintendo developed games" list and like every other list, it's full of subjective calls and exceptions and it will drive you mad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

I halfheartedly tried to make something like this as a collecting goal list, but it gets confusing quickly and I didn't feel like researching the development credits of every single game Nintendo ever had their name put on.

Rhythm Tengoku is developed by Nintendo SPD, but the music, which you'd call a critical part of the game, is credited to other companies. F1 Race on Game Boy was developed by R&D1, but it's a port of a HAL Laboratory Famicom game. You start trying to make this "truly Nintendo developed games" list and like every other list, it's full of subjective calls and exceptions and it will drive you mad.

It just takes someone bold enough to say

“Here’s a list assholes. Figure out your own rules, jerks”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Yeah,  this is about what I figured.  I'm really looking for stuff that you'd say originated  from the Nintendo company.  This would exclude early projects that were good enough for the Nintendo company to offer for a game to be re-skinned as a Mario game (like Mario Golf for the N64), or even nearly 100% out sourced like Metroid Prime.  But I get it, as time goes on, projects get bigger and out sourcing game engines, music or other aspects are going to happen.

I know the rules are different and it's nuanced, but I guess the best way to simply define what I'd be looking for is what game would Nintendo say "we" made this, vs. someone made this for us or we licensed our IP.