IGNORED

T-Pac Arcade

T-Pac

Graphics Team · Posted

T-Pac Arcade : Musha Aleste [Sega Mega Drive - 1990]

The nonconformist in me doesn't want to admit it, but add me to the "Musha is awesome" bandwagon...

[T-Pac]

image.png.2f2655510bad0f28f6afe8625475979f.png

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

Graphics Team · Posted

Crisis Force [Nintendo Famicom - 1991]

Vying with Twinbee 3 for my absolute favorite Famicom-exclusive shoot-em-up. I've been sleeping on Konami shooters for so long, and this year has really opened my eyes to just how good they all are.

[T-Pac]

image.png.258ad0f3dd5ea5cb218496104727afce.png

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted

T-Pac Arcade : Mystery Quest [Nintendo Entertainment System - 1989]

Mystery Quest is exactly what I wanted Milon's Secret Castle to be, and I ended up having a lot of fun despite it being a search-action maze game. Am I ... evolving???

[T-Pac]

image.png.455c0060a475ca3db3fd60d26b1f8db2.png

• Like 2

Graphics Team · Posted

Big milesone - that was my 50th episode!

I'm gonna call that the arbitrary end of "Season 1" for the T-Pac Arcade.

Huge thanks to everybody who's watched even a single one of these - it's been an extremely gratifying way for me to engage in the hobby, and onward to the next 50!

[T-Pac]

image.png.698f86d3f0741bd1fb341b9f9b49244c.png

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Posted (edited)

Went back to the channel to see if I qualified as having watched all 50 episodes. It turns out I missed 6 of them in the early part of "season 1." Guess I'll be binging those last few episodes now!

Just saw Mystery Quest, glad to see you did all four loops even though it's a futile effort for a silly end screen. I've beaten it two or three times for the annual contest here on VGS so I'm quite familiar with it; it was nice seeing your perspective on it and hearing more of your jokes and commentary 😄

Looking forward to season 2, keep it up!

edit: just watched the 6 episodes I had missed, all of which were near the beginning of the channel. I noticed they were shorter but still had the same style, writing, and humor. I think the quality of the audio and/or your comfort level with landing the jokes has improved. Otherwise though, the episodes have been really consistent throughout.

Edited by Khromak

Graphics Team · Posted

Thanks @Khromak! Glad to hear my quality has been improving over the course of the project, and that the episodes are engaging enough to sit through all of 'em haha!

Also - props for taking down Mystery Quest twice. You must've done it legit if it was for the VGS contest, which is super impressive as far as I'm concerned.

[T-Pac]

5 hours ago, T-Pac said:

and I ended up having a lot of fun despite it being a search-action maze game. Am I ... evolving???

if things keep going in this direction... next thing you know you'll be giving Legacy of the Wizard a glowing review.

2 hours ago, G-type said:

if things keep going in this direction... next thing you know you'll be giving Legacy of the Wizard a glowing review.

Ironically enough, Legacy of the Wizard is another game I've played a few times for the VGS "beat every game" contest and I also really enjoyed.

Do I have bad taste? 😮

34 minutes ago, Khromak said:

Ironically enough, Legacy of the Wizard is another game I've played a few times for the VGS "beat every game" contest and I also really enjoyed.

Do I have bad taste? 😮

not according to me. Its one of my favorite games.

• Agree 1

Wow, 50 already?!  I guess that happens when you make one video a week.  I assume video game related content is a bit saturated on YouTube but I am shocked that your channel hasn't picked up a bit more traction than it has.  As I mentioned before, I know people like shorter, bite-sized videos and IMHO, this fits the bill.  It's also very consistent for when it comes out and I think the YT algorithms like that.

But, maybe you're not that interested in the metrics.  Regardless, it's always a Sunday evening treat to see a consistent, new T-Pac Arcade! I watch and like them all, every Sunday when I hop into bed.

Graphics Team · Posted
13 hours ago, G-type said:

10 hours ago, Khromak said:

Do I have bad taste? 😮

Haha don’t temp me!
If anything, I find Legacy of the Wizard even MORE aesthetically enticing than Mystery Quest or Milon , but I’ve always made a deliberate effort to stay away from it for my own sanity.

[T-Pac]

Graphics Team · Posted
2 hours ago, RH said:

But, maybe you're not that interested in the metrics.  Regardless, it's always a Sunday evening treat to see a consistent, new T-Pac Arcade! I watch and like them all, every Sunday when I hop into bed.

Wow - thanks, dude!

Yeah - I don't care about pandering to algorithms or whatever. I just wanna keep making episodes.
And I know my current "1-video per week" pace isn't sustainable, but I've been trying to keep my foot on the gas for this first year to at least get a good, high-volume start.

[T-Pac]

• Like 1

3 hours ago, T-Pac said:

Haha don’t temp me!
If anything, I find Legacy of the Wizard even MORE aesthetically enticing than Mystery Quest or Milon , but I’ve always made a deliberate effort to stay away from it for my own sanity.

[T-Pac]

did I mention that it also has sokoban-esque block puzzle sections?

Graphics Team · Posted

T-Pac Arcade : Zas [Nintendo Game Boy - 1992]

I actually managed to 1CC this one on easy mode, since I had to play it multiple times due to recording issues. I was still riding-high off Crisis Force, and here I'm spoiled with yet another near-perfect shoot-em-up.

[T-Pac]

image.png.91f978d769736d4c9c293ca5ae0ef175.png

• Like 1