IGNORED

Recommend some Japanese NES and SNES Games

Alright I’ve been looking into Spartan X 2.  I’ve seen red, yellow, and black carts on the internet.  Can someone more familiar with this than me help me out?  How do you know what’s authentic and what’s a reproduction?

Administrator · Posted

I didn't see this mentioned, but Umihara Kawase is one of my favorite SFC games - it's super cute, fun, and has a unique grappling mechanic.  It's a simple puzzle platformer game, but I have always enjoyed it!

I'm not sure if it counts for this thread, as it has technically been eventually released here, just not on SNES.  There is a digital release now, and then also the game Umihara Kawase Fresh! for Switch.

But if you are looking for specifically console-specific exclusives, it's a really fun game (in my opinion).

13 minutes ago, spacepup said:

I didn't see this mentioned, but Umihara Kawase is one of my favorite SFC games - it's super cute, fun, and has a unique grappling mechanic.  It's a simple puzzle platformer game, but I have always enjoyed it!

I'm not sure if it counts for this thread, as it has technically been eventually released here, just not on SNES.  There is a digital release now, and then also the game Umihara Kawase Fresh! for Switch.

But if you are looking for specifically console-specific exclusives, it's a really fun game (in my opinion).

Thanks!  

is there a difference between the SFC version and Fresh on the Switch?  I try to steer clear of digital releases as much as possible.

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, Lago said:

Thanks!  

is there a difference between the SFC version and Fresh on the Switch?  I try to steer clear of digital releases as much as possible.

Oh yes, they are very different.  Fresh is not a direct port of Umihara Kawase.  It does have a physical release if you wanna try it out.  I got it because I like the series.  

5 hours ago, Lago said:

Thanks!  

Fresh is a recent sequel, the game has a few other sequels and spinoffs. 

The DS one has both the original Snes game and PS1 game included, I'd recommend getting that actually. 

12 hours ago, inasuma said:

Rockman & Forte is a must for Mega Man fans. Ignore the USA port to GBA. Play the correct version on SFC. 😎

Yeah that GBA version is trash by GBA design, not because the game itself is bad.  For some unexplainable reason and largely it's a problem of boss room fights, they didn't scale the bosses to the new dimensions of the battle room.  The fatter of them eat sup nearly 1/6 of the entire screen making it near impossible to avoid taking a hit because you have so little room to maneuver.  It's why when I got back into owning SFC games, it was an earlier title I went for.