IGNORED

things you'd like to see at game cons

koifish

I really like the oddball systems area. 

There was a Game Day charity event I used to go to and one of the organizers had a bunch of obscure consoles that I had never really played/seen in person. So that was neat to see.

Played a bunch of Metal Slug. 😎👍

On 6/16/2023 at 12:33 PM, FireHazard51 said:

Arcade "free play" area - I've been to cons that have this and cons that don't

A fucking bar with good beers - I want to enjoy a good drink while playing/watching some video games.

Video game museum section -  Area showing off historic items with a description of why they are worthy of being in a museum.  Bonus points if you get to interact with said pieces.  

I went to a concert in Toronto and stumbled upon this place:

https://www.zedeighty.com/games-list

At the time I didn't think I had the time to hang out and play some games before the show but now I wish I did. 

It was pretty radical in there. Small... but they had a good variety of games given the space. 

Edited by AirVillain

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/14/2023 at 8:07 AM, koifish said:

The prices point is real. It comes down to people wanting to take advantage of con excitement, to say nothing of how they have to pay their own ebay/whatever fees to get the stuff in the first place. But yeah, there is basically no reason to buy stuff at a con. The only thing I've ever bought at a game con was a book about the making of some classic video games...sold to me by the creator of said video games.

I realized this too, everything is too pricy, I found myself buying modern stuff from limitedrun, premium edition games,  homebrew from a developer that brought his own games, and strategy guides. Sega cd, genesis, saturn, snes was all overpriced and/or grimy/meh condition. 

Also, lots of guys putting something out that is uncommon and going on and on about how crazy rare said item is. 

On 6/13/2023 at 12:23 AM, Sumez said:

Though to tap more into the "unique game setup" that the OP seems to lean more on - here's one I've always wanted to do. And I think I'm actually getting close to having it set up now. Basically, it's:

• Five GameCubes
  • One projector
  • Four smaller TVs
  • Four GC->GBA link cables
  • Four GB players
  • One copy of Zelda Four Swords Adventures

I don't get this setup. Why five GameCubes? And the GB player, does that mean the one that goes on the GameCube at the bottom?

5 hours ago, Ferris Bueller said:

I don't get this setup. Why five GameCubes? And the GB player, does that mean the one that goes on the GameCube at the bottom?

Yes. Instead of connecting four GBAs to a single GC, each player plays on their own GC with a dedicated television.