IGNORED

Officially Completed my Wii U CIB Game Set

jettgogaming

Thought I'd share! Back in April I officially completed my CIB Wii U game collection. I was able to acquire MOST of this pre pandemic (2017-2019) at garage sales and thrift stores. The Wii U was a fun library to collect for, due to it being a rather small game library and an easy one to complete before prices got crazy. I picked up my sealed Devils Third in 2019 for $130 at the time and it was the first and only game I ever sent to Wata to get graded (I wanted to test out the process and decided for some reason that Devils Third would have been a good choice to send it on my first grading run). Received it back in Feb of 2020. Anyway, very happy to have officially completed this! I only had one game left I needed to complete the set that I waited to find in the wild for over 2 years and that was Turbo Super Stunt Squad, which I finally just decided to purchase on Ebay in April to complete the set. I'd say about a third of my collection is sealed. 

wiiucollection.jpg

devilsthird.jpg

• Like 13
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 2

Beautiful!

I have a huge soft spot for the Wii U. My favourites are Star Fox Zero, Sonic Lost World, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Nintendo Land, Tank! Tank! Tank!, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival, Super Mario 3D World, and Skylanders Imaginators. It's a great system for something that overall didn't do well. 🙂

• Love 1

I'm also happy to see you didn't feel the need to buy the New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U game, as you already had both individual games. I know some people might have felt the need to get it too, but I never see the point in that kind of thing for game collections. The people who think that kind of game is necessary for a complete set just tend to yell the loudest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

That photo looks great! Wii U was one of my favorite sets in recent memory because of the reasonable size. 

And finding local is definitely the way to go with it, probably 70% of my collection was from GameStop (in store and online) whenever they had BOGO promos.  I think the hardest to find title for me was the cleaning disc though, not a lot of those made I think.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2023 at 2:07 PM, SailingWiimote said:

I'm also happy to see you didn't feel the need to buy the New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U game, as you already had both individual games. I know some people might have felt the need to get it too, but I never see the point in that kind of thing for game collections. The people who think that kind of game is necessary for a complete set just tend to yell the loudest.

Variant collectors = loudmouths now? Such a random and specific crack at those people lol.