IGNORED

Complete Japanese Retail GameCube set

Brickman

I'm happy to say I've finally obtained the remaining titles for a complete retail Japanese GameCube set! There are 279 or 276 titles depending on what you classify as retail.

276 titles were released in store or the Nintendo store while 2 were Nintendo Club exclusives (Pac Man Vs. & The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition) that you bought with Nintendo points. The other game is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time / Master Quest which was a pre order extra with The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.

I plan to release some collecting guides soon (list of titles and hardest to find Japanese GC games).

Onto the pictures:

Complete Japanese retail set:

59A0n6G.jpg

Breakdown of retail released games:

SGudUwu.jpg

XUNqjyX.jpg

a6WN2Dk.jpg

9wsQXMD.jpg

985WkEx.jpg

YkyYOSX.jpg

mQRFb3Y.jpg

sJDPo9A.jpg

GDcISSF.jpg

e35a46U.jpg

FAx13zx.jpg

3wLmMTy.jpg

Df14wJb.jpg

Edited by Brickman
  • Like 3
  • Wow! 3
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, DoctorEncore said:

You don't see many complete JP sets around here, or really anywhere for that matter. Very cool!

Any JP exclusives you recommend?

Thanks 🙂

There are some decent exclusives for the GC. Some good ones are:

Hudson Selection series 

Kuruin Crush

Nintendo Puzzle Collection

Donkey Konga 3

Mr Driller

Radirgy GeneriC

Those are the ones I’ve played that are English friendly. There are a lot more but I haven’t played them so couldn’t say if they’re good.

@drxandy has made a list of all the exclusive games for the Japanese GC so have a look over that as well.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Renmauzo said:

@BrickmanThat is a dope looking set, Brick! Sets don't normally do anything for me, but this one looks awesome and has a ton of character.

I'm very much looking forward to you putting together a guide for this...>_>

Thanks 🙂 I'm not really big on the look of the US/PAL GC cases but the Japanese GC cases have a lot of character and are also a lot smaller in height. They were the last Nintendo cardboard cases for the Japanese market too. They have a plastic case to hold the game and manual and a cardboard slipcase that goes over the top.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, fcgamer said:

Very nice, congrats! This is definitely one of the final sets I'd consider getting, I love the look of these and the small boxes are dope. Really enjoyed this era of 3D gaming 

Most of the games are still reasonably priced although a few have gone up since I bought them. Notably the Disney sports games are slowly climbing in price (except for soccer).

I agree, it’s a great era of 3D. As much as I enjoy the N64 I feel like the GC got it just right. I was mostly a PS2 guy growing up so it has been fun exploring this library.

I didn't know there were so few Game Cube games in Japan! It wasn't ever one of my favourite consoles, but I know it has a lot of fans. 🙂 

Nice work getting 'em all!

The weirdest part to me is that apparently Shark Tale was popular enough in Japan to justify a localization of the Game Cube game. 😄

Edited by SailingWiimote

3 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

Awesome accomplishment my dude! I didn't know you were so faithful to the motherland ❤️

Thanks 🙂 the majority of my collection is Japanese (I can read it).

I do have a small collection of Switch games that are from Australia for my wife, although I do grab the Japanese version if it has the multi region option where it detects what language your Switch is set to. My wife never knows the difference 😆

5 hours ago, SailingWiimote said:

I didn't know there were so few Game Cube games in Japan! It wasn't ever one of my favourite consoles, but I know it has a lot of fans. 🙂 

Nice work getting 'em all!

The weirdest part to me is that apparently Shark Tale was popular enough in Japan to justify a localization of the Game Cube game. 😄

Haha yeah and Cars as well. The more bizarre one is that on GBA they got one of the Kim Possible games! 

There are a few Nintendo consoles that have less games in Japan than the US. I know that the GB, GBA, N64 and GC all have less games than the US.

• Like 1