IGNORED

Printerboy Console covers

7 hours ago, OptOut said:

What's the point of these? A thick layer of dust and grime are the only protection MY consoles need! 😛😂

It’s a lot easier to wipe the dust off of these then it is to clean it off of most consoles. They’re especially nice if you have pets that shed. Aint no hair getting in them cart slots

• Like 1

I definitely prefer looking at my actual consoles, so these aren't for me.  With that said, I appreciate the fact that they have offerings for just about everything.  I mean, they even have one for the Jaguar CD.  How many people could actually want one of those covers?  I'm impressed with their dedication to cover pretty much everything.  

• Like 1

I like the idea of these more than I actually like them I think.

I mean... Not to be a dick LeatherRebel, but.... they look kinda cheesy/fake. 

I guess what I'm saying is that I like their function, but they woulnd't be for me because I want to SEE the consoles.

That's literally the whole point. To LOOK at the systems/games. Otherwise we could go all digital and get a Retro-Pi. Get a retro pie, some cardboard boxes, and a bunch of those covers, and it looks EXACTLY the same. 😳

Like.... do you take all the covers off each time you're in the room to enjoy the systems? 

Anyways, I appreciate that others want to use them as they are quite functional. Personally I like my microfibre dusting gloves because I get to rub my consoles down every once in a while. 👋💋💞

Edited by AirVillain
  • Love 1

@AirVillain they look fake because they are fake? 

I like the idea of looking at my consoles, but I like the idea of not having to clean them even more. If I had sealed cabinets to put them in that still allowed them to be used then it wouldn’t be a problem. But I don’t, so it is.

It may be cheesy, but having to dust and clean out the grooves/ridges of certain consoles, seems more cheesy to me

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

@AirVillain they look fake because they are fake? 

I like the idea of looking at my consoles, but I like the idea of not having to clean them even more. If I had sealed cabinets to put them in that still allowed them to be used then it wouldn’t be a problem. But I don’t, so it is.

It may be cheesy, but having to dust and clean out the grooves/ridges of certain consoles, seems more cheesy to me

I guess what I meant is the printing looked a little "cartoony". More-so on the NES 2. The black consoles seemed a bit better... 🤷‍♂️  

I have no idea of their design/print process.... but it seems like they can print whatever the hell they want onto the fabric. I would have went for thinner lines and a more "realistic" look, but obviously the design is easier to create with lines and blocks. Like I said, some seem a lot better than others so maybe it's just the white colour of the NES 2.   I don't see one for a frontloader, so not sure what to compare it to.

It's cool man, that's why I said "Anyways, I appreciate that others want to use them as they are quite functional." 

Also... having systems under glass is a great thing if you can find the right type of shelving for your space/use... but alas, not always possible I get it. 

4 hours ago, AirVillain said:

I guess what I meant is the printing looked a little "cartoony". More-so on the NES 2. The black consoles seemed a bit better... 🤷‍♂️  

I have no idea of their design/print process.... but it seems like they can print whatever the hell they want onto the fabric. I would have went for thinner lines and a more "realistic" look, but obviously the design is easier to create with lines and blocks. Like I said, some seem a lot better than others so maybe it's just the white colour of the NES 2.   I don't see one for a frontloader, so not sure what to compare it to.

It's cool man, that's why I said "Anyways, I appreciate that others want to use them as they are quite functional." 

Also... having systems under glass is a great thing if you can find the right type of shelving for your space/use... but alas, not always possible I get it. 

https://imgur.com/DioyEUw 

This is what the front loader and others look like. 

19 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

https://imgur.com/DioyEUw 

This is what the front loader and others look like. 

Right on.

Out of pure curiosity, do you only take the covers off when you play each system, or will you take all the covers off all the systems when you're chilling in the room to soak them in??

Haha.... just curious 🤷‍♂️. I'd probably take all the covers off and bask in their glory.

sun GIF

Edited by AirVillain

5 hours ago, AirVillain said:

Well... it (taking the covers off) doesn't defeat the purpose if the purpose is to enjoy the systems. 🤷‍♂️

I mean... I can be playing NES and glance over at my SNES/N64/Turbo and go "wow.... look at me.... look how cool I am for having all this cool stuff here." 🤣

I guess lol just not something Im prone to do

• Haha 1