IGNORED

Metroid Prime Remastered

phart010

Well, other considerations aside, it's great that so many more people are going to be able to enjoy and experience such an awesome game!

Metroid Prime is my favourite GameCube game, for sure, and although it gets a lot of praise, I think it hasn't been QUITE as well appreciated as I think it deserves.

If this remaster is truly a level above even the original in terms of quality, then this may expose a whole new audience to one of the best games ever made! 😄

12 hours ago, CMR said:

How are the controls on this remaster?  Are they still like the GameCube's, or can you undock the remotes and use them like the will nunchuck combo?

I heard you can play both ways. Also the gyros built into the controller give another degree of control when aiming with the sticks

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CMR said:

How are the controls on this remaster?  Are they still like the GameCube's, or can you undock the remotes and use them like the will nunchuck combo?

You default to dual stick which makes it infinitely comfortable and easy to play and respond to fast attacks losing the clunk. Then there is a hybrid of that and motion control where you can sim gyroscope style. And then the more wii like setup. Or if you actually liked the lacking shitty original setup wasted on visors on the c stick it’s there too. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Editorials Team · Posted
11 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Finally picked this up for 38$ new, and have to say its outstanding so far. I have the original on GC but never played it. Seems like it would be rough on the gc controller with the mini right thumbstick. 

Graphics on the OLED switch are clean and well done, framerate locked in. 

The thing with the original is there was no freelook with the right stick.  So that alone seems like a major enhancement.

• Agree 1

Metroid Prime on GC was another case of Nintendo stubbornness refusing to realize what a retchedly bad choice they made wasting the second stick on lame faster visor flipping sticking to the argument it was not a FPS but a FPA(first person adventure.)  Adventure or Shooter, bad camera/aiming control is still bad control.  Trilogy cleaned it up, this one again cleaned it up and did even more.  The silent admission of guilt.

• Haha 1