IGNORED

The first games you owned with each console

Reed Rothchild

19 minutes ago, phart010 said:

I thought it came out at $250 and then the day they announced the price cut, they also announced the ambassador program so that people that already paid $250 wouldn’t be pissed

I'm not sure how, exactly, it happened but that wasn't it.  There was something like an future-announced price cut, but if you bought and registered before that date, you got in under the program.  I know the cut-off time was short.  Something like a literal week or two.  I rushed out and picked mine up and registered it that night.  I think the program didn't launch until after the price cut though.  I think this was also in the Club Nintendo period, so I think when you registered your device it was tied to your account and you got points there too, but I can't recall for sure.  All I know is that hearing about the ambassador program motivated me to pick up a unit and I knew I had to be quick about it.  But yes, you are right.  They didn't want to make people mad so I think they told everyone their plans. The flip scenario could have been they released the program AFTER they price drop, but then they would have had angry buyers who either didn't register their systems in time OR there would have been people willing to drop the extra $50 for the DLC if they knew it was an option.

TI-99/4a: Parsec, Munch Man, TI-Invaders

Atari 2600: Asteroids, combat, frogger, starmaster, pac-man, Superman, Jungle Hunt, missile command, demon attack, berserk, space invaders, space cavern, centipede (got the atari and a case of games from my cousin)

PC: Bubble Ghost, The Last Ninja

Virtual Boy: Mario Tennis, Teleroboxer, Red Alarm, Mario Clash, Wario Land, Galactic Pinball, Vertical Force (all on clearance at KB Toys) the system was 20 bucks, and each game was 3-5 bucks

PS2: ATV Offroad Fury2 (pack in game), Twisted Metal Black, Eyetoy: Play

DS: Super Mario 64DS, Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney

NES: Mario/Duckhunt, Tetris, RC Pro Am, Burgertime, Legacy of the Wizard

Genesis: Sonic

Wii: Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Excitebots

3ds: Lego City Undercover

Atari 7800: Food Fight, Pole Position II (got this system and games from my friend)

Switch: Tumbleseed, Splatoon 2, Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Edited by G-type

SNES: Super Mario World, Mario Paint, Super Mario All-Stars a few weeks later.

Game Boy: Super Mario Land 2, Donkey Kong

Game Boy Color: Pokemon Yellow (oh boy, this debate again)

Gamecube: Luigi's Mansion, Super Monkey Ball, Pikmin, Super Smash Bros. Melee

Game Boy Advance: Castlevania Circle of the Moon

DS: Mario & Luigi Partners in Time and Kirby Canvas Curse

Wii: Wii Sports, Twilight Princess

PS2: Bought it on ebay along with a bunch of games across a period of a couple months. The PS1 Square library (obviously Final Fantasy VII was first) and MGS2 & 3 were my top priorities and Symphony of the Night and Devil May Cry were also up there.

PS3: Uh. I've gotten a good deal of use out of this thing with the Classics and various indie/weird PS Store things (that I generally could have gotten on Steam and mostly bought here because they were on sale), it's been neat as a PS1 player so I don't have to deal with actual PS1 memory cards, and it sees some Blu-Ray use, but I rarely play any of the actual real PS3 games.  It came with Destiny but such was my contempt that I (who otherwise never sells games) sold it to a friend still in shrinkwrap. Demon's Souls and MGS4 were my first purchases but I've never progressed far in the former and it took a few years to get very far in the latter. I guess the first real PS3 game I put serious time into is Mass Effect Trilogy.

3DS: Link Between Worlds, Super Mario Land 3D Land, Phoenix Wright vs. Professor Layton, Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies, and Phoenix Wright Spirit of Justice

Xbox 360: I totally forgot I owned this initially. Gamestop had some kind of absurd "buy it for $60, get a $60 rebate" sale presumably just to liquidate their inventory. Tales of Vesperia is my only 360 game.

Edited by MagusSmurf

Just the systems I got during their retail life in the order I think I got them, there is no way I could remember all the games for systems after I started collecting.

Atari 7800 ProSystem-Pole Position II (pack-in) and Asteroids

Action Max-Sonic Fury (pack-in), The Rescue of Pops Ghostly, .38 Ambush Alley, and Hydrosub: 2021

NES-Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt (pack-in) and Tiger-Heli

Atari Lynx-Rygar

Sega Genesis-Sonic the Hedgehog (pack-in)

Sega CD-Sewer Shark (pack-in)

Atari Jaguar-Cybermorph (pack-in) and Alien Vs. Predator

Atari Jaguar CD-Blue Lightning (pack-in), Vid Grid (pack-in), and Myst Demo (pack-in, if it counts)

Xbox-Halo: Combat Evolved

Xbox 360-Hexic HD (preloaded digital) and NCAA Football 07

Xbox One-Dance Central Spotlight, Kinect Sports Rivals, and Zoo Tycoon (all digital, bundled) and maybe Rare Replay, but I think I bought it a little after I got the system

Atari VCS-Atari VCS Vault Vol. 1 (preinstalled) and Atari VCS Vault Vol. 2 along with Antstream Arcade which I played a bunch

• Like 1

Hooboy, weed memory don't fail me now.

Atari 2600: Pitfall
NES: Double Dragon, Tiger Heli
SNES: Super Play Action Football, NCAA Basketball (Street Fighter II shortly after)

Gameboy: Tetris, Super Mario Land
N64: Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey

Gamecube: Super Mario Sunshine, Wind Waker

DS: Super Mario 64 DS, WarioWare: Touched

Wii: Wii Sports, Super Mario Galaxy

3DS: Ocarina of Time 3D, Super Mario 3D Land

Wii U: New Super Mario Bros. U

Switch: The Binding of Isaac, Breath of the Wild
PS1: Ridge Racer, Battle Arena Toshinden

PS2: Tekken Tag Tournament, Smuggler's Run

PSP: Burnout: Legends, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories

PS3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Resistance: Fall of Man
Vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational

PS4: Call of Duty: Ghosts, Killzone: Shadow Fall

PS5: Demon's Souls, Spider-Man: Miles Morales

Also don't ask me what's going on with the inconsistent line spacing above, I can't fix it lol.

Edited by Quaze

NES: SMB/Duck Hunt, SMB2, SMB3, TMNT, and DuckTales. Best Christmas ever.

SNES: Super Mario World/All-Stars combo cart.

Genesis: Sonic 2

GameBoy: Zelda: Link's Awakening

Nintendo 64: Mario Kart 64

PlayStation: Final Fantasy VII

Dreamcast: Sonic Adventure

PS2: Honestly can't remember. For some reason, back in 2001, I started collecting games before I even owned the console.

GameBoy Advance: Super Mario Advance, F-Zero and Castlevania: Circle of the Moon on launch day.

GameCube: Pikmin and Rogue Leader.

Wii: Twilight Princess, Excite Truck, Call of Duty 3, all on launch day.

PS3: Resistance: Fall of Man

Strangely, it's the more recent consoles that I have a header time remembering. 

NES- Mario/Duck Hunt, Bubble Bobble, Little Nemo, RBI Baseball

SMS- Alex Kidd in Miracle world, Wonder Boy 3

Genesis- Golden Axe, Sonic, Shadow Blasters

N64- MK64, Diddy Kong Racing, Cruisn USA

GC- Windwaker, Smash Melee

PS1- Oddworld Abes Odyssey, FF Chronicles, FF7

SNES- FF3, SMW

GBA- Tales of Phantasia, Minish Cap

PS2- Star Ocean, San Andreas

360- Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean 

DS- NSMB, Mario Kart DS

Wii- NSMB wii, MK Armageddon

PS3- Tales of Zesteria, Portal 2

PSP- Daxter, Star Ocean Second Evolution

3ds- Tales of the Abyss, OOT 3D

Switch- Golf Story, BotW

Ps4- MK XL

You can see at some point I started buying new systems specifically to try out RPGs for it. I got really into them in high school.