IGNORED

looking for recommendations for x360 controller

final fight cd

Does anybody have any recommendations for an xbox360 controller?

The official Microsoft controller has a shit d-pad.  

I bought a used aftermarket controller and after a couple weeks of use the left stick shit the bed.

I am looking for a quality controller with a useable d-pad that won't break after several hours of use.  

Edited by final fight cd

Administrator · Posted
42 minutes ago, final fight cd said:

Hmmm….good question.  The absolute max would be $100, but I don’t think I’ve seen any for sale that exceed that (minus maybe an arcade stick).

Scuf controllers are the best I've used, and start at more than twice that, which is why I asked about budget:

Custom Wireless Xbox Controller: Series X & One | Scuf Gaming

Maybe consider it though, if you want a controller that'll last you a really long time, built to your own specs, and which works across multiple platforms.

Edit: oh wait, 360 specifically... Never mind I dunno if they work on that specifically. If you're using a newer console to play 360 games it'd work. 

15 hours ago, final fight cd said:

Does anybody have any recommendations for an xbox360 controller?

The official Microsoft controller has a shit d-pad.  

I bought a used aftermarket controller and after a couple weeks of use the left stick shit the bed.

I am looking for a quality controller with a useable d-pad that won't break after several hours of use.  

What games are you playing on the xb360 that have you wanting a better DPad?

The biggest issue with the controller were the bumpers that I had to replace after several years.

The OEM has always worked great for me but then again I never really had a use for the Dpad. All the ones for sale now for X360 look like junk. I wonder if there is a way to use like an 8bitdo on 360. The pro 2 has a better d pad placement if your using that more. 

edit: you could just buy one on Amazon and if it doesn’t work return it. Returning Amazon stuff to kohls is easy in my experience if you have one by you. 

Edited by a3quit4s

Maybe a controller you already like? I just found out that brook started making this: 

https://www.brookaccessory.com/products/wingmanxb2/index.html

The wingman xb2 converter, let's you use controllers from "PS5, PS4, PS3, XSX|S, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Switch Pro, SEGA Astro City, MEDA Drive mini controller on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and Original Xbox.

Edited by drxandy

Oh the 360 d pad annoyed the $hit out of me

I used a hori fight pad (chun li but other characters and both wired and witless options available) and it had a solid d pad.  Had the feel and form factor of a Gennyy 6 button or Saturn controller.  I dug it a lot.

MS themselves finally addressed the trash d pad issue really late in the systems life with a more expensive controller with a silver d pad that might be worth tracking down but I was already done with the system by then.

4BA544BD-1DC0-4F04-8ED5-860590214CB5.jpeg

I always wondered why Microsoft went with such an awful d-pad design. I remember Bioshock used it for some item switching mechanic and I would pick the wrong thing in the heat of battle because the feel was off.

It's a shame because the controller is one of the best otherwise. I know the sticks are the primary input and not every game uses the d-pad, but some games do use it and it's noticeably deficient.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, fox said:

a more expensive controller with a silver d pad that might be worth tracking down but I was already done with the system by then.

this what you are referring to? 

https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wireless-Controller-Transforming-Charge-dp-B00936K09S/dp/B00936K09S/ref=dp_ob_title_vg