IGNORED

CGC discussion, turnarounds, etc

mlbfan10

14 hours ago, Xeno said:

I sent in two orders (22 games and 11 games) on 10/12 and 10/15, and I have received the majority of them back.  I contacted them a few times for status updates, and the customer support staff was friendly and helpful.  The graded games I received back are of good quality, and they were packaged and shipped well (for no extra fee).  The website now appears to be tracking status, grades, and shipping, none of which were available on launch.  

Three of the GameCube games I submitted came back ungraded, unencapsulated, and with a ripped label showing RE (where the grade would be) with no further explanation.  I have contacted them but not heard back - does anyone know what this is?  I am fairly new to grading and CGC.

How did you contact them? 

Edited by mlbfan10

2 hours ago, Xeno said:

FYI heard back from CGC and they told me an RE "grade" means they were suspected of being resealed.  I opened all three games and two of them were definitely resealed.  The third game, while inconclusive, appears to be brand new.

how did you know they were resealed after opening them? 

Manual damage, disc wear, and definitely didn't pass the eye test.  The seals were pretty convincing as well - they said they had several experts including the final grader review them. Grading companies providing authentication will likely become very important for the future of game collecting as these re-seals continue to improve!

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Got my 2nd submission back today, one of my cases is damaged so will work with CGC to resolve. Also they must take into account stickers when grading, I have a perfect condition game with a sticker I forgot to remove and it got a 9.2 A+. Going to crack it, remove the sticker and sub to WATA. 

• Wow! 2

Received response back about my damaged case. Here is the process for resolving a case damaged in transit and its relatively painless!

You have 14 days to send a Mechanical Error submission or you will need to pay for a recase.

1. Create a new submission
  2. Select Mechanical Error as Primary Service
  3. Select Pre-Paid FedEx label as CGC will pay for shipping/insurance
  4. Complete Checkout without having to spend a dime
  5. Ship to CGC

Edited by mlbfan10
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

That Syberia is the reprint, right?

Yes, it's easy to tell between the prints, the THQ Nordic logo isn't on the front of first print. Wish I knew about the 2nd print before I bought it as I paid first print pricing for it. Live and learn. 

Edited by mlbfan10
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, mlbfan10 said:

Yes, it's easy to tell between the prints, the THQ Nordic logo isn't on the front of first print. Wish I knew about the 2nd print before I bought it as I paid first print pricing for it. Live and learn. 

i think i know where you got that and i almost got it 🤣that completely turned me off buying expensive ps3 games and prolly expensive modern in general for fear of reprints. i'm not even sure if you can tell the difference for AoT final battle...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tidaldreams said:

i think i know where you got that and i almost got it 🤣that completely turned me off buying expensive ps3 games and prolly expensive modern in general for fear of reprints. i'm not even sure if you can tell the difference for AoT final battle...

Yea for sure, it has also turned me off buying expensive PS3 and Whatnot as a whole as well. I also have one of the AOT final battles and when I did my initial check over I didn't find anything distinguishing about the reprint, I think it should have something to distinguish imo but it doesn't appear to.

Once I had listed the Syberia Collection, some where asking is this the reprint and that's when I found out about it and what to look for to spot a reprint.

Edited by mlbfan10

10 hours ago, tidaldreams said:

first sub, not bad i guess 🤣

Not bad at all, how do these grades line up with your expectations? The more I grade with them I feel they are a bit tougher than WATA. Always been a fan of game gear, still have mine from childhood. I should probably start collecting it at some point!

Edited by mlbfan10

2 hours ago, mlbfan10 said:

Not bad at all, how do these grades line up with your expectations? The more I grade with them I feel they are a bit tougher than WATA. Always been a fan of game gear, still have mine from childhood. I should probably start collecting it at some point!

the red and mickey are higher for sure, i actually thought the red and blue should be the same at 8.5. i sent in a couple of mid-grade cardboard coz i wanted to see how they would grade. might use them for more cardboard, still need to check what i should send dvd-wise to "test" them 🤣

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
33 minutes ago, mlbfan10 said:

It's weird, on the US site I don't see the Video Games category when searching for CGC. It's been going on 5 or so days now and is frustrating.

HUH. Doing the same thing I did on the CA site over on the US site, yeah - I see what you're seeing. That's bizarre.

there was unfortunately an error while my two 3DS games were being graded. despite opening the outer box that contained the sealed games, cgc rejected them for being non-standard size. luckily i think i caught it before they shipped (in a week, must be slow there lol) and i think they'll be graded now.

at the very least, my two other games were graded:

• Mega Man Battle Network 5: DS - 9.8 A++
  • Hyper Light Drifter (PS4) - 9.8 A++

Very excited to see how the 3ds games do. they've been protected in the outer cardboard sleeve so I have hopes for similar turnout. 🤞

• Wow! 1