IGNORED

CGC discussion, turnarounds, etc

mlbfan10

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone contemplating their crossover service. I submitted 4 crossovers to them, they arrived to CGC the 20th, I got the shipping email yesterday evening (28th).

1 game received the same grade. 8.0 A > 8.0 A

1 looks like it wasn't crossed over - I sent this because I believed WATA overgraded this and wanted to see what they'd do.

2 received higher grades - Both seemed undergraded to me. One went from 7.5 A+ > 8 A+, other 9.2 A+ > 9.4 A++

Edited by retro.magnus
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 2

• 3 weeks later...

So uh, i never came back to share what happened with my modern subs to CGC.

DS and 3DS games are very loose in the holder. both the blister is loose, and game inside the blister is loose.

When I reached out to CGC to let them know so they could fix the dang thing for future customers (I wasn't even asking for a refund or reholder, because I knew the outcome would have been the same), they told me "the cases aren't meant to be shaken." no word on whether they're telling anyone about the issue. Just "don't shake the game."

i mean, i'm not sure how else i was going to figure out the games are loose, but cool.

anyway, if you have DS/3DS, don't send them to CGC. send to Wata or VGA. who knows if CGC will ever fix their holder.

anywhere, here are the games i ended up grading with this issue, and will likely bust out in the near future and submit somewhere else lmao

• Metroid Samus Returns 9.9 A++ (pack-in)
  • Metroid Samus Returns 9.8 A++ (pack-in)
  • Mega Man Battle network Double Team DS 9.8 A++
  • Super mario 64 DS 9.6 A
Edited by inasuma
  • Sad 2

I recently had a CGC graded pokemon card case come open and so I reached out to their support.

I'm not too worried about the card - its not worth all that much -- but I did presume that CGC would be concerned about their cases opening (and opening without any sign of tampering).  Seems to not be the case through -- only response I got back was "You'll need to resubmit for grading again"

PXL_20230321_020858620.MPb.jpg

• Wow! 1
  • Sad 2

• 2 months later...

Argghh .. I was very happy with my submission but I too realized today that I never got my $149 credit towards my Submission. WTF!? This is pretty annoying as it's not something I would necessarily check on. You just expect it to be done and that's that. I wouldn't have checked if it wasn't for some previous comments in this thread. 

• Like 1

Ok, to follow up.. just got off the phone with them. The lady told me that under my account my "collecting interest" was marked as Sports Cards. I HAVE submitted cards to CSG in the past. But what kind of nonsense is that?? I signed up for the Membership on the video games site, made my submission to the video games site. Never anywhere was there any indication that my "collecting interest" would dictate where my credit goes, nor was I even made aware of this all-important "collecting interests" section!! ha! 

I was was happy with my submission aside from this, but this is pure and utter nonsense. 

• Wow! 1

1 hour ago, ApebitMusic said:

Ok, to follow up.. just got off the phone with them. The lady told me that under my account my "collecting interest" was marked as Sports Cards. I HAVE submitted cards to CSG in the past. But what kind of nonsense is that?? I signed up for the Membership on the video games site, made my submission to the video games site. Never anywhere was there any indication that my "collecting interest" would dictate where my credit goes, nor was I even made aware of this all-important "collecting interests" section!! ha! 

I was was happy with my submission aside from this, but this is pure and utter nonsense. 

So you’re not getting the credit then? 

1 hour ago, final fight cd said:

So you’re not getting the credit then? 

Oh, I'm sure I'll get the credit one way or another. They're either going to "move" the credit over to the video game section or refund it outright. I want the latter on sheer principle but would be fine with either. 

20 hours ago, ApebitMusic said:

Oh, I'm sure I'll get the credit one way or another. They're either going to "move" the credit over to the video game section or refund it outright. I want the latter on sheer principle but would be fine with either. 

Many have had an issue with the credit even applying. It seems its a totally manual process at the moment, which is so crazy to me.

Happened to me. Once I contacted them, they refunded the difference on one of my orders. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was told the credit gets applied automatically once CGC receives the submission however until I reached out and asked the credit wasn't applied. Love how we are getting different answers here. 

Also collecting interest is a really odd spot to decide where to apply credit. If that's the case it should be told to the customers so we are aware. 

Edited by mlbfan10
  • Agree 1