IGNORED

WATA & CGC unveil their new holders at Portland Retro Gaming Expo (Image Dump)

On 10/15/2022 at 5:55 PM, MrWunderful said:

1st gen wata cases just shot up in value. 

😆

i can image people will either:

1) resubmit his/her games to get the new cases

2) use the old cases as marketing. "1st print game, 1st gen WATA case RAREZ!!1!"

3) submit his/her graded wata game so said graded game can be graded and cased inside of the new gen case. (old case inside of new case)

• Haha 2

They aren't final, and no they're a massive improvement size wise and in terms of overall security. Graphics can use some work, but these are excellent prototypes.

The current WATA cases, I can open in literally under a second, in fact they're easier to open than slide out bottom cases. The only way to make it simpler to open one is if there wasn't a top piece to begin with at all.

Not to mention they're super thick space eaters, especially so if you have more than a couple items. Any improvement over their old design is welcomed IMO.

Edited by ThePhleo

28 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

They aren't final, and no they're a massive improvement size wise and in terms of overall security. Graphics can use some work, but these are excellent prototypes.

The current WATA cases, I can open in literally under a second, in fact they're easier to open than slide out bottom cases. The only way to make it simpler to open one is if there wasn't a top piece to begin with at all.

Not to mention they're super thick space eaters, especially so if you have more than a couple items. Any improvement over their old design is welcomed IMO.

I guess what I prefer in a case is the visual appearance, less about the space they take up. Good to know the label is WIP because it's really bad haha. We'll see what they come up with, I reckon. 

1 hour ago, retro.magnus said:

Anyone else think the WATA cases are significantly uglier than the current ones?!

The slim fit was a must and long overdue.  I also complained about horizontal facing Wata cases on SNES / N64 at release, glad to see that change implemented.  I suspect they'll find a way to fill in the white space.

Also, as with every change in almost everything ever, people complain at the beginning and then get used to it (no offense to anyone).  I hated the Wata tank cases at first / permanent vertical orientation but it grew on me.  I thought the CGC case looked way too bland but it's grown on me a little as well.  

Humans by nature are resistant to change.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, jonebone said:

The slim fit was a must and long overdue.  I also complained about horizontal facing Wata cases on SNES / N64 at release, glad to see that change implemented.  I suspect they'll find a way to fill in the white space.

Also, as with every change in almost everything ever, people complain at the beginning and then get used to it (no offense to anyone).  I hated the Wata tank cases at first / permanent vertical orientation but it grew on me.  I thought the CGC case looked way too bland but it's grown on me a little as well.  

Humans by nature are resistant to change.

Nah I'm super open to change.

Most of my thoughts on cases are how ugly everyone's labels are (imo). WATA's current label is one of the only ones that is visually pleasing and looks like some thought went into it. If those labels are final, I still feel the same - they're def worse than what they have now. If they're still working on them, that's totally understandable. 

As far as the case goes, like I said above, the spacing issue isn't a big deal for me but totally understand that that's a big thing for most folks. 

• 2 weeks later...

The cases (CGC & Wata) will grow on us, I'm sure. I'll be interested in how they change the inner blister, if at all. That thing has been shown to be somewhat tight on certain types of games (Game Boy).

But slim fit and horizontal games displaying correctly are both long overdue. Glad we got it. :)

On 10/19/2022 at 10:08 AM, retro.magnus said:

I guess what I prefer in a case is the visual appearance, less about the space they take up. Good to know the label is WIP because it's really bad haha. We'll see what they come up with, I reckon. 

I think its probably more about how many they can ship at one time, anything with less plastic not only costs less but can fit more holders in one package. 

On 10/29/2022 at 5:25 PM, StandardGamingOfficial said:

I think its probably more about how many they can ship at one time, anything with less plastic not only costs less but can fit more holders in one package. 

i didn't think about this but it's 100% true. imagine being able to get 30 DVD size games back instead of just 12 per big shipping box. folks in the space selling big quantities (like yourself!) will benefit massively, not just wata.

On 10/27/2022 at 9:11 PM, inasuma said:

The cases (CGC & Wata) will grow on us, I'm sure. I'll be interested in how they change the inner blister, if at all. That thing has been shown to be somewhat tight on certain types of games (Game Boy).

But slim fit and horizontal games displaying correctly are both long overdue. Glad we got it. 🙂

HA prolly got pissed having to do so many reholders 🤣

• Haha 1