IGNORED

Any advice on doing box authentication for Final Fight Guy (SNES) and... Donkey Kong Junior Math (NES, duh)

Hey all, I have my own techniques for authenticating boxes typically and I do believe they serve me well, for the FF Guy box though It's a bit out of my element, and for DK math, pretty sure it's totally legit but it was expensive and I guess I'd like some reassurance from the experts, here are some pictures for you all to dissect, not the best condition but I'm satisfied enough if they are good, I do believe both are, but FF Guy is the one I just have no reference for. Don't worry all, I won't be spamming the site with this stuff, just been doing a lot of authentication, just finished my whole GB set which was a nightmare, baby steps.

AL9nZEXmddzGftNuGW0ZBhOfFX8TPe6rU2LG8lOru7HL07KsDusdmjtNwzHYi4rI0dy9HSuMJqZVq1H_AL9nZEUM2gB53Oawq4eslewPwwDtUy6ZWxRAtYWOAL9nZEX85UVTOdOCsQg0SulEVtLT4_Vhd14iADhuAL9nZEXNwgxLxrOdXspJcCIMenq_2nJGaVC3yFInAL9nZEVghhqwnt42uBT_wJ70SI68_GFyzhznoLAjAL9nZEVYWuQ2W21xZDrcdxa05HGRbhtMDMzlWUXfAL9nZEX5TNoDmQ606cwyKond4OpcPhjXGCiKHTmJ

AL9nZEWTE_U-D-tD9ubUb9kEAIN1igNlifgTTkPc

AL9nZEVz7mAEnVL07FIx3v8L6VCTLtPCVtFYzAFy

AL9nZEWRavhhPkj22t4QjDCv5bcc2EqZ3BOkO49v

AL9nZEXElA2tJx4fx31bO785kc--kAbarPoSQ6_7

AL9nZEUC0mWxzIO-pO4W0SEXTltLoQi6j3swdiSG

I'm guessing your camera skews warmer where colour is concerned, so the saturation looks a little high on Final Fight Guy but otherwise, spacing and orientation looks identical to mine (I got mine from LaC about 5 years ago).

I don't have DK Jr. Math, so I can't speak to that one unfortunately. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Renmauzo said:

I'm guessing your camera skews warmer where colour is concerned, so the saturation looks a little high on Final Fight Guy but otherwise, spacing and orientation looks identical to mine (I got mine from LaC about 5 years ago).

I don't have DK Jr. Math, so I can't speak to that one unfortunately. 

Yeah it's a high color saturation shooter for sure, which I like since I'm one of those types, so if you notice a bit more saturated color that would be the camera, I could likely adjust the filters on it though if needed.

Moderator · Posted
9 hours ago, goldenpp72 said:

I'd be curious to know the story behind why it exist to be sure. 

There was a lot of back and forth on this a decade plus ago when these were found. Initially people thought they might’ve been Canadian versions, but most everyone settled on these being versions that were going to be released, then they signed a deal for a blockbuster exclusive, made the orange box and these never really got released. The biggest evidence being that all of the copies found came from Nintendo employees, or a Nintendo auction. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, doner24 said:

There was a lot of back and forth on this a decade plus ago when these were found. Initially people thought they might’ve been Canadian versions, but most everyone settled on these being versions that were going to be released, then they signed a deal for a blockbuster exclusive, made the orange box and these never really got released. The biggest evidence being that all of the copies found came from Nintendo employees, or a Nintendo auction. 

Sounds like these wouldn't count towards a full set then 😉

• Like 1