IGNORED

Skinny’s scraps

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

Cosmo Kramer High Quality GIF

Can't require F&F friendo.

^ This.

Please account for PP fees in your price if that's your concern. If someone chooses themselves to pay with F&F then they are welcome to take on that risk but it can't be a requirement.

10 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

Cosmo Kramer High Quality GIF

Can't require F&F friendo.

5 minutes ago, Gloves said:

^ This.

Please account for PP fees in your price if that's your concern. If someone chooses themselves to pay with F&F then they are welcome to take on that risk but it can't be a requirement.

I’m not requiring f&f it’s just an option

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, AirVillain said:

I would FF Skinny but I understand rules is rules... take that for what you wish. 

Buy, end enjoy, his scraps!

To be clear it's perfectly fine to send via F&F, and I'll totally vouch for that Skinny is a cool dude that isn't out here scamming anybody - he has my full confidence. It's just a rules thing and we want to be even-handed about that stuff, no favoritism. He's offering both options now and that's fine with me.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gloves said:

To be clear it's perfectly fine to send via F&F, and I'll totally vouch for that Skinny is a cool dude that isn't out here scamming anybody - he has my full confidence. It's just a rules thing and we want to be even-handed about that stuff, no favoritism. He's offering both options now and that's fine with me.

I think that's for everyone reading, not me, but if so, I certainly get it was needed to show both options, all gravy. I like that we are open to options, not demanding. One love. 

No favouritism for the skinny one's scraps! 🤣

Also... Favouritism, eh? 

Ps. Considering what I've now learned about this game:

"Dead Men Tell No Tales is a fully cooperative game for 2 to 5 pirates, ages 13 and up. It takes approximately 60 to 75 minutes to play and retails for $45. In this game, you and your fellow pirates will be raiding the most notorious ship on the high seas - Skelit's Revenge. Your aim is to collect all the treasure on the ship and return it to your captain!"

$20-$25 is a steal here for any pirate lovers. DO IT!

• Haha 2

Administrator · Posted
3 hours ago, Gloves said:

Sorry @docile tapeworm but unfortunately the above isn't fully correct - Gloves was simply having too much fun on his birthday!  Please see the rules here:
https://www.videogamesage.com/forums/topic/2318-selling-guidelines-and-rule-updates/

We can't have different prices for regular vs. F&F payments on paypal payments - this is also against PayPal's TOS as well.  So please just update with one price.

Sorry for the confusion, but please let me know if you need any clarification regarding the rules or payments.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, spacepup said:

We can't have different prices for regular vs. F&F payments on paypal payments - this is also against PayPal's TOS as well.  So please just update with one price.

Sorry for the confusion, but please let me know if you need any clarification regarding the rules or payments.  

Why can’t I advertise different prices ala g&s vs f&f?

what exactly is against PayPal tos? I can’t mention I will accept f&f?

Administrator · Posted

PayPal specifically prohibits sellers from asking buyers to use gift/F&F, and separately, also prohibits sellers from asking the buyer to pay the fees, and/or give a discount for them paying F&F.  F&F is meant for actual gifts/F&F payments, not for purchases. This has always been a violation of their terms of service.  Additionally, if there are problems, the buyer has no recourse for a purchase where they sent money via F&F.

Now, we're not trying to be the PayPal TOS overlords, and we are not saying that a user here sending a gift payment is specifically punishable (if someone chooses to send money that way on their own accord, and it isn't *required* from a seller, that is their choice).  We aren't digging into each transaction to see how someone paid.  

We recommend that everyone just use the normal PayPal system, and not abuse the F&F feature to avoid fees.  VGS doesn't assess any fees, so it is significantly lower cost (from a fee perspective) to trade here on VGS.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...