IGNORED

Kentucky Derby Day is now (unofficially) Pocket Card Jockey 3DS Day

Makar

Today is May 7th, which means the Kentucky Derby is today. The Kentucky Derby is the first leg of the triple crown for horse racing with the other two being the Preakness Stakes and Belmont Stakes. 

Pocket Card Jockey on the 3DS is a very fun horse racing solitaire-esque leveling up game from Gamefreak, the creators of Pokémon. It’s one of the best 3DS games there is imo.

I hereby decree every year that the start of the triple crown marks Pocket Card Jockey day. 

Pocket card jockey is an eshop exclusive on the 3DS and the eshop will be going away next year in March 2023. Let’s all get in the spirit of the season for this awesome game and enjoy it before we can’t anymore. It’s only $7 and there’s a free demo. 

Get your jockeying on!!!!!

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/pocket-card-jockey-3ds/

https://www.polygon.com/2017/1/6/14168970/pocket-card-jockey-nintendo-3ds-games-of-2016

F5CE3161-C393-4B7B-98BC-12E083678760.jpeg.bb4d0b06d66a537187cbc658ed5d3b1a.jpeg

50C4C77C-88E3-4052-86F8-C69E10539E5E.jpeg.0b3c2eb744abc2eb753ead8711e341da.jpeg

Edited by Makar
  • Like 1

Glad you guys are checking it out. I’ve been playing it for the past few days and I’m addicted again. 

For all you Pokémon fans, gamefreak put many nods to Pokémon in Pocket Card Jockey including one horse’s name being Pikapika Mouse and another being Bullet Seed (which is a move in Pokémon) 

And yes I named my 2nd horse Fried Chicken get it? Kentucky. Kentucky fried chicken

B56BD763-B3AA-4D2B-8DFD-99C42B099CA3.thumb.jpeg.d70c5436d04d385a1ab11113e4c01057.jpeg086247A7-2DD2-4378-BE73-FB4B34BF7851.thumb.png.7128e0a67a03c9542dbf09903b22cac2.png

1 hour ago, Makar said:

And yes I named my 2nd horse Fried Chicken get it? Kentucky. Kentucky fried chicken

OMG that is my all time favorite food (original recipe)...but I haven't had any in the longest time as the only Kentucky Fried Chicken in my area is about 4-5 miles SE of here and it'd be expensive 😞  Seriously, Kentucky Fried Chicken is better than s...e...x...

10 minutes ago, Estil said:

OMG that is my all time favorite food (original recipe)...but I haven't had any in the longest time as the only Kentucky Fried Chicken in my area is about 4-5 miles SE of here and it'd be expensive 😞  Seriously, Kentucky Fried Chicken is better than s...e...x...

Hahaha don’t tell that to your significant other. “Sorry, tonight I have a date with KFC”

sounds like it’s time to take a little drive there

33 minutes ago, Makar said:

Hahaha don’t tell that to your significant other. “Sorry, tonight I have a date with KFC”

sounds like it’s time to take a little drive there

I no longer have a significant other 😞  And I can't drive/afford to have a vehicle 😞

Sad thing is, games like this will shortly be lost when it could easily be adapted in this case to ios/android or minimally speaking put up on the eshop for Switch too.

This game would be perfect for a phone with the menu system in place there, not like you're struggling with some lame floating touch panel faux joystick that'll foul up your movements.

20 hours ago, Estil said:

I no longer have a significant other 😞  And I can't drive/afford to have a vehicle 😞

ahhh sorry man 😞 I do remember that now and boy do I feel like an ass. I apologize! I will gladly door dash you some kfc btw

10 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Sad thing is, games like this will shortly be lost when it could easily be adapted in this case to ios/android or minimally speaking put up on the eshop for Switch too.

This game would be perfect for a phone with the menu system in place there, not like you're struggling with some lame floating touch panel faux joystick that'll foul up your movements.

Yea this is a true gem that will be a shame to lose when the eshop goes away. There’s no reason gamefreak couldn’t put this on the switch’s eshop. I’m holding out for a sequel one day. 

What's worse I read up on it, it was on the Japanese iOS and Android shops for about 18months some years ago, then they just up and quit and removed it.  It's floating out there, if you have a hacked iphone/pad or just side load an android APK. 

Pretty damn pathetic, it's a wonder I call digital downloads rentals... you're borrowing time, you don't own shit and it can get pulled for any no good reason at any second.

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

What's worse I read up on it, it was on the Japanese iOS and Android shops for about 18months some years ago, then they just up and quit and removed it.  It's floating out there, if you have a hacked iphone/pad or just side load an android APK. 

Pretty damn pathetic, it's a wonder I call digital downloads rentals... you're borrowing time, you don't own shit and it can get pulled for any no good reason at any second.

Yea I saw that too which is a bummer. I just emailed Nintendo asking to get me in contact with gamefreak so I can pitch to them why they should make a pocket card jockey sequel. We’ll see if they respond. 

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
  • The title was changed to Kentucky Derby Day is now (unofficially) Pocket Card Jockey 3DS Day
2 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Damn imagine being gamefreak and spending millions of dollars to develop games that aren't Pokemon and this is what you get. Idk how they're not on suicide watch. 

Have you played it? It’s actually a damn good addicting game. 

I'm sure it's not a bad game. But imagine funding a division to come up with a rival for Pokemon, to lead the company into the next era, and the team presents an app game about racing horses.

Regardless of how fun and deep the gameplay is, being about horse racing immediately truncates the potential player base substantially. I, like most people, have actually 0 interest in horses and horse racing so the only thing that would draw me to this game is the developer.

Edited by RegularGuyGamer