IGNORED

What do you think of these price stickers on this sealed SMB?

A few questions…

1) how harshly do you think VGA would have treated the stickers in judging the final grade

2) would you try to have someone remove one or all of the stickers? I kinda think the “us coast guard” sticker is cool, and also the fact that it was marked down to .99c at some point! I could do without the stickers at the top of the box, however.

3) would wata be able to remove any of these?

thanks for your help!

58CF6513-2594-4076-AE76-126C7880DD7F.jpeg

9EE7BDCF-58FC-4F66-B7CD-4843FC009142.jpeg

1 hour ago, ApebitMusic said:

A few questions…

1) how harshly do you think VGA would have treated the stickers in judging the final grade

2) would you try to have someone remove one or all of the stickers? I kinda think the “us coast guard” sticker is cool, and also the fact that it was marked down to .99c at some point! I could do without the stickers at the top of the box, however.

3) would wata be able to remove any of these?

thanks for your help!

I like price stickers on ungraded items, but I think they generally look bad on graded games. I think if you are going to the trouble of getting something graded, it should look as close to perfect and factory fresh as possible. Otherwise, might as well just keep it loose and appreciate it the way it is.

That's just my own personal preference tho, I can understand why others might not feel this way.

• Agree 1

I think with the stickers, it’s really a matter of taste and what you ultimately want to do with them?

- to have maximum authenticity?

=> keep stickers on

- to have maximum display presence or higher grade? 

=> take stickers off

Also to consider:

- how easy would it be to take the stickers off? Some stickers have more grip on the seal and may induce more damage if attempting to take them off. There’s an element of risk involved.

- there may also be a chance that there is a tear/damage under the stickers. And if so, peeling off the sticker may do further damage.

• Agree 1