IGNORED

Crazy nice sealed Super Metroid on eBay.

i don't see any vent holes on it + seal looks... weird? idk how to describe it. it looks like it's never been touched or scuffed, which should be pretty common considering all sealed games were in cases that had some movement.

edit: lol wtf, that seller has TONS of sealed games? and not just games, but like, very very rare games... i'm quite suspicious. i wouldn't be surprised if there's a reseal operation going on here. 

edit 2: check out this made in japan mmx they have listed. this is a lot more believable - has vent holes and overlaps where the seams meet. i could believe this one is real. but definitely not that super metroid.

Edited by inasuma
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, inasuma said:

i don't see any vent holes on it + seal looks... weird? idk how to describe it. it looks like it's never been touched or scuffed, which should be pretty common considering all sealed games were in cases that had some movement.

edit: lol wtf, that seller has TONS of sealed games? and not just games, but like, very very rare games... i'm quite suspicious. i wouldn't be surprised if there's a reseal operation going on here. 

edit 2: check out this made in japan mmx they have listed. this is a lot more believable - has vent holes and overlaps where the seams meet. i could believe this one is real. but definitely not that super metroid.

Looks legit to me. I see vent holes too. 

18 minutes ago, Gulag Joe said:

The retro gaming community and its media personalities want everyone to believe there are thousands of sealed games out there but it seems like an awful lot of people don't want to believe it when a few unknown copies show up for sale

Nope, not me, this one just legit looked weird to me. I’m happy to believe it.

3 hours ago, Gulag Joe said:

I'm not trying to out anyone on this thread. Just making a sarcastic point that when lots like this do show up, they tend to be met with skepticism rather than:

sEe I tOlD yOu SeAlEd GaMeS aRe CoMmoN

This thread isn’t about people not understanding the rarity of some of the sealed games. It’s more about if you’re spending on big amounts, you need to not do so blindly (unlike some of the buyers on HA).

Discussing about the seal legitimacy is a natural thing to do; bidding without asking (if unsure) is the unnatural thing to do.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, AnimalHouse said:

Going over each photo from the listing OP provided, I was able to spot multiple imperfections. Which I highlighted in the photos. Its not perfect as OP suggested. Still a nice copy to own, if you can get it at the right price lol.

superm-003.jpg

superm-004.jpg

superm-005.jpg

Nothing on ebay is ever perfect, but that's about as nice as you can get buying ebay raw ungraded.  You're also missing all of the obvious dust / etc on the seal, if there's any debris under the seal then that is a box flaw on grading.  That hole your circled in picture 3 isn't a flaw either, that's a vent hole and normal.