IGNORED

Custom Acrylic Big Box cases - Check it out!

Hello fellow collectors! My name is Mike and i'm new here 🙂
As a big box collector, I was faced with the dilemma of how to protect and secure my most expensive exhibits. There is no ideal solution when it comes to storing big boxes due to the different sizes of each game. So I made RetroBoxed - a project that tries to solve this problem in a perfect way.

I produce laser-cut cases made of transparent Plexiglas, tailored specifically to your game - I take dimensions from the client and create a case perfectly suited to it.
Each box can be engraved with developer logo or any custom text.
Price is $24 for standard to medium sized boxes, but i can deliver anything you like (even a triangle box for Day of the Tentacle!)

Come and say hi:
Edited by MikeFromRetroboxed
  • Like 5

Guys, thank you so much! 
Any box size can be done, i just need measures (preferred in milimeters) and you pretty boxes will be well protected, and will look super nice!

As for VGA/CGA acrylic boxes - well they have a different purpose that what i'm offering. They seal the game, and you can't get it out. Besides, CGA makes their boxes with extruded acrylic, which leave pretty bad cracks and marks on gluing surface. Its much cheaper, but i made many tests on them, and finally decided to go with the best acrylic i can get.

I'm preparing a sale after Christmas, so be sure to check my social channels for updates.

Once again, thanks for your kind words - means a world to me...

18 hours ago, MikeFromRetroboxed said:

As for VGA/CGA acrylic boxes - They seal the game, and you can't get it out.

sure, the graded stuff might be in cases that you need to break open if you wanted to, but the normal buyable CGA acrylic cases have a slide on the bottom, otherwise how would you even put your game in?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Sorry I C+P'd the wrong link; this was the one I meant to: https://cgagrading.com/OnlineStore/CustomCase.aspx

I think the other link was grading.

Still, $40 for a standard big box case (8.26x10x1.6 inch) without uv resistance

Not to mention 3-4 weeks wait time

Administrator · Posted
Just now, MikeFromRetroboxed said:

Still, $40 for a standard big box case (8.26x10x1.6 inch) without uv resistance

Oh yeah, still pricy. Just sharing the requested info.

Can you PM me some closeup images of your cases; specifically the edges and seams? I don't wanna be super anal about my tiny one-box purchase, but for ~$50 CAD I also don't wanna get it, go "meh" and chuck it.

And can you confirm - you engrave the publisher's logo on the top?

8 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Oh yeah, still pricy. Just sharing the requested info.

Can you PM me some closeup images of your cases; specifically the edges and seams? I don't wanna be super anal about my tiny one-box purchase, but for ~$50 CAD I also don't wanna get it, go "meh" and chuck it.

And can you confirm - you engrave the publisher's logo on the top?

I will, i am super picky sbout edges of my boxes so you wont be dissapointed.

I'm in the middle of Christmas dinner, will do it tomorrow, ok?

Engraving is my specialty!

Administrator · Posted
Just now, MikeFromRetroboxed said:

I will, i am super picky sbout edges of my boxes so you wont be sissapointed.

I'm in tge middle of Christmas dinner, will do it tomorrow, ok?

Engraving is my specialty!

Lol bro if you're in the middle of dinner get the heck outta here what are ya doing? xD

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cartman said:

Is there anything you can make for an A4 paper meaning a thinner type of almost flat case?

I have an idea of a4 protector for my old games magazines from 80-90s, but didn't cut them yet.

My laser has a 30x50 cm work area, so its doable i think - can try and put some photos online after Christmas. 

11 hours ago, MikeFromRetroboxed said:

Yes, transparent acrylic + a litte hole in the back for hanging on wall. That was my initial idea.
You can see this hole for hanging on a picture below (i made it for one box, that owner wanted to hang):

hole.jpg

I wasn't actually thinking about hanging just a box that would be more or less flat for holding an A4 paper. When it comes to hanging though, not a fan of a hole of that type. I think it would be better with some kind of tab solution like for some action figures.

Are you able to do sunlight protection stuff too with the materials you make?

2 hours ago, cartman said:

I wasn't actually thinking about hanging just a box that would be more or less flat for holding an A4 paper. When it comes to hanging though, not a fan of a hole of that type. I think it would be better with some kind of tab solution like for some action figures.

Are you able to do sunlight protection stuff too with the materials you make?

According to Plexiglas manufacturer in Germany, this acrylic has UV resistance capabilities: https://www.plexiglas.de/en/products/plexiglas/plexiglas-gs-xt

As for some prototype, i will be able to do it after weekend - and will post results on social media channels, so please follow up closely 🙂