IGNORED

Custom Acrylic Big Box cases - Check it out!

On 12/23/2020 at 5:54 PM, MikeFromRetroboxed said:

Guys, thank you so much! 
Any box size can be done, i just need measures (preferred in milimeters) and you pretty boxes will be well protected, and will look super nice!

As for VGA/CGA acrylic boxes - well they have a different purpose that what i'm offering. They seal the game, and you can't get it out. Besides, CGA makes their boxes with extruded acrylic, which leave pretty bad cracks and marks on gluing surface. Its much cheaper, but i made many tests on them, and finally decided to go with the best acrylic i can get.

I'm preparing a sale after Christmas, so be sure to check my social channels for updates.

Once again, thanks for your kind words - means a world to me...

Dude... I appreciate the service you are offering, but please don’t belittle CGA cases in the process. They most certainly do offer ultra high quality acrylic cases of any custom size with a sliding bottom so that you can remove the game. I have purchased many custom made acrylic cases from DIYers and the quality was just never quite as good as CGA. I may also purchase some from you in the future, because your pricing seems fair. That’s a huge advantage you have in the acrylic market since CGA custom cases are very expensive.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, joshdose said:

Dude... I appreciate the service you are offering, but please don’t belittle CGA cases in the process. They most certainly do offer ultra high quality acrylic cases of any custom size with a sliding bottom so that you can remove the game. I have purchased many custom made acrylic cases from DIYers and the quality was just never quite as good as CGA. I may also purchase some from you in the future, because your pricing seems fair. That’s a huge advantage you have in the acrylic market since CGA custom cases are very expensive.

How can you describe this (the cracked, bubbled edges in attached photo). I mean no disrespect, just saying what i see.

If their boxes look different now i take back everything what i said.

You can read about extruded acrylic cracking here, it's very common and that is why i use cast acrylic only.

https://old.artifacturestudios.com/archives/317/

Again, no disrespect, just wan't everyone to be aware of the problem.

Nevertheless, thank you for pointing out, i will focus on my boxes in the future and let their quality to speak by itself. Thanks!

FB_IMG_1608316637272.jpg

Edited by MikeFromRetroboxed

9 hours ago, MikeFromRetroboxed said:

According to Plexiglas manufacturer in Germany, this acrylic has UV resistance capabilities: https://www.plexiglas.de/en/products/plexiglas/plexiglas-gs-xt

As for some prototype, i will be able to do it after weekend - and will post results on social media channels, so please follow up closely 🙂

The same manufacturer you use yes? I think i've heard somewhere about the framing business that many times when something is claimed to be UV resistant in reality it actually isn't, or maybe only to some small extent. Maybe that applies in this business aswell. It would be good to know for certain whether it is or isn't.

But yeah i'd really like some type of almost flat and thin "box" that is made just to fit an A4 paper inside whether by a slide opening on one of the sides or that you lift the whole face off of it, like opening a lid type of system.

It would also be nice to have acrylic cases for some of the advertising signs - not those those big, bulky fiberoptic/neon types but the different plastic ones. But i'm not sure whether that would have to run many 100$ i imagine it would.

10 hours ago, cartman said:

The same manufacturer you use yes? I think i've heard somewhere about the framing business that many times when something is claimed to be UV resistant in reality it actually isn't, or maybe only to some small extent. Maybe that applies in this business aswell. It would be good to know for certain whether it is or isn't.

But yeah i'd really like some type of almost flat and thin "box" that is made just to fit an A4 paper inside whether by a slide opening on one of the sides or that you lift the whole face off of it, like opening a lid type of system.

It would also be nice to have acrylic cases for some of the advertising signs - not those those big, bulky fiberoptic/neon types but the different plastic ones. But i'm not sure whether that would have to run many 100$ i imagine it would.

Thanks for the input! Yes i use this manufacturer (Original Pexiglas) and they have all type of technical datasheets on their website - i will try to lookup more closely and find uv resistance data.

I will try to do that box and post some photos!

• 4 weeks later...