IGNORED

Nintendo 64 Weekly Contest Round 4: Super Smash Bros

Red

Hello and welcome to the fourth round of the Nintendo 64 Weekly Contest!  This week's game is Super Smash Bros.  Ever wanted a Zelda game as part of a weekly contest?  Unfortunately, they just don't seem to work for these, but here's the next best thing!  Super Smash Bros, but you must play as Link!

Rules:

- Choose 1P Mode
- Choose 1P Game
- Choose Link
- Set Level to Hard
- Set Stock to One
- Play until Game Over or you beat the game
- Highest score wins
- You have until 11:00 PM EST on Sunday, January 9, 2022 to submit your score.

For general contest rules, click here:

https://www.videogamesages.com/forums/topic/9667-nintendo-64-weekly-contest-leaderboard-rules-20212022/

Good luck and have fun!

SCOREBOARD:

1. 649,973 (Gloves)

2. 576,550 (Krunch)

3. 476,972 (MegaMan52)

4. 149,980 (Splain)

5. 114,326 (ZeldaFan042)

6. 94,560 (Jeevan)

7. 27,000 (RH)

Edited by Red
  • Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 hour ago, RH said:

Reserved for scoreboard.

Good luck everyone. I only played this game, maybe, a cumulative hour as a kid because it was no Tekken/Mortal Kombat/Street Fighter. I found it boring. It's been a long time since fighting games have been my jam, so I doubt I'll be doing well, but we'll see.

@Red, is this purely a points weekly game or is it whoever gets the farthest wins, if no one bears it? Thanks for making this round interesting!

I would assume score, then distance in game as a secondary way to separate ties, which I doubt will happen.

4 hours ago, RH said:

@Red, is this purely a points weekly game or is it whoever gets the farthest wins, if no one bears it? Thanks for making this round interesting!

Just points.  The Game Over screen doesn't show your progress, so distance would be hard to track.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Splain said:

I'm embarrassed that I haven't made it to the end without dying, for that sweet bonus. But it's not like my other scores haven't been embarrassing...

Next run I do, I'll take a picture.

Lol man, come one... you not see that I couldn't get past the Yoshis?  Well, maybe I could be I just dislike the controls so bad, I didn't want to get the game more than 3-4 tries.

Edited by RH

Administrator · Posted
2 hours ago, ZeldaFan042 said:

20220109_202359.jpg.7d450a49fe2815241ccd800ede1102b1.jpg

The lowest possible score for a Game Clear given the ruleset on this thread should be 680,000, and that screen should say "No Miss X 11" for 55,000 points, and "No Miss Clear" for another 70,000 points. Looks like you used a Continue (or had more than 1 stock) which if I understand correctly, disqualifies this score.

2 hours ago, ZeldaFan042 said:

20220109_202359.jpg.7d450a49fe2815241ccd800ede1102b1.jpg

As Gloves pointed out, that score doesn't appear to have been obtained while following the rules in the OP and can not be counted.  

38 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

is it 11pm end time?  I'm just booting it up.

Yes.  Sorry for leaving that out.  The end times will always be at 11:00 PM on Sundays.

• Thanks 1

Events Helper · Posted

Meager 30 min. score with a character I never used lol.  I know, never used link, wtf.......I must say Mario is my goto character for every Nintendo game 😉  Loves me some Italian Plumber 😳.  Not sure which pic. you needed, really wished I had more time to practice/play this week, but with my Pup passing 😢  Was kinda difficult to find time to do anything but worry about her.  R.I.P. Princess ❤️  💔

H7eObrY.jpg

UQqAVRf.jpg

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

One wrong move at the Polygon Team and you're done lol. 

PXL_20220110_023221927.MP.jpg

You're lucky I went to see the Harlem Globetrotters and didn't have the day today to play!  I used to do these exact rules all the time when I played this more, except on Very Hard, cleared it with only two characters IIRC.  This was easier, but the polygons remain the defining part for me on either difficulty.