IGNORED

What is the best way to maximize profit for legit, gem mint CIB items?

RH

I have a couple of CIB games I'm thinking about moving.  Specifically, Golden Eye, Star Fox 64 and one or two others.  None of these are rare, but these items are in legit gem mint condition and are better than any copy I've seen come up on eBay in a long, long while.  They are certainly the 1% or better regarding both 100% completeness and condition.

Condition is often king with these common but desirable items.  I'd like to move these by the end of the year, if possible, but I don't want to throw them up for auction or even set just a high eBay price.  I am willing to do that if it's the best way possible, but I did want to ask just in case there is a better strategy, though I doubt it.

When you have a really, really, really nice item for sale (or potentially trade) how do you get the attention of the condition-concerned buyers with deeper pockets that are willing to pay more for exceptional items.

Note, I have been an eBayer for 20+ years. We can joke "Just add 'GEM MINT A++ RAREZ OMG!!1!'" to the title but come on.  We all know no one pays attention to that.  How do I catch the eye of the more discretionary CIB collector?

13 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

If your looking for deep pockets you already know the answer here

Well, "deep pockets" is relative.  Anyone with truly serious income is likely going for sealed games, if they care about shelf candy, which is what I consider these items.

My point is, I think there's a very narrow group of collectors that are hyper-focused on condition and are willing to pay comparatively well for nice copies of games, but they are also not into the sealed market, probably because prices are insane.  I tend to be in that position, but strictly with cart-only titles, or CIB games that came in clamshells or disc cases.

I simply want to get the attention of the CIB collector that wants perfect/near perfect games and not lost in the sea of CIB items on eBay and the like.

2 minutes ago, tidaldreams said:

the obvious answer is... WATA

I'd consider this, lol, if it weren't or two factors.  #1 their grading standards are BS and all over the place.  There's no way they have quality control checks in place (at least within the last 18 months) and it's evident they are rushing games.  #2, I'd like to sell these in the range of 1-3 months.  Not happening with WATA, and it wouldn't be worth it at a high-tier submission.

2 minutes ago, RH said:

I'd consider this, lol, if it weren't or two factors.  #1 their grading standards are BS and all over the place.  There's no way they have quality control checks in place (at least within the last 18 months) and it's evident they are rushing games.  #2, I'd like to sell these in the range of 1-3 months.  Not happening with WATA, and it wouldn't be worth it at a high-tier submission.

Well the timeframe is definitely an issue, but it looks like you are looking to maximize profit and there is literally no other way. You could sell it raw but no one will pay such a high premium unless they will grade it themselves. Even then, they would budget risk of getting a lower than expected grade and need to make a profit themselves, so they would buy it at a less optimal value.

• Thanks 1

Ok there is another way. Be like this guy and just list it in "brand new" condition, say it's mint and unplayed, and just completely mess up the sales comps/brand new filter in general.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Video-Games/139973/m.html?item=175022733342&epid=1137&hash=item28c02af81e%3Ag%3AO~EAAOSwzRpe5u5i&_ssn=suzydicus

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2021 at 1:42 PM, tidaldreams said:

Ok there is another way. Be like this guy and just list it in "brand new" condition, say it's mint and unplayed, and just completely mess up the sales comps/brand new filter in general.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Video-Games/139973/m.html?item=175022733342&epid=1137&hash=item28c02af81e%3Ag%3AO~EAAOSwzRpe5u5i&_ssn=suzydicus

I sense the sarcasm but to add my two cents, don’t list it this way. This seller could and would lose any dispute because they list it as brand new but it’s not sealed and eBays buyer protection pretty much overrides seller protections sadly.

1 hour ago, Goodvibes said:

I sense the sarcasm but to add my two cents, don’t list it this way. This seller could and would lose any dispute because they list it as brand new but it’s not sealed and eBays buyer protection pretty much overrides seller protections sadly.

Lol yeah... definitely don't do this 🤣

• 1 month later...
On 11/19/2021 at 4:37 AM, RH said:

You can’t really maximise profit if selling in a short time frame. Unless it’s a rare holy grail that everybody wants. I think you need to adjust the expectations a little. 

I think Ebay is the likely place to maximize profit in the time frame you’re after. My suggestion is to set it at a BIN price (with offers) you think is justifiable for the condition it’s in. If no takers then you can auction it later. Meanwhile you can try your luck at the sales thread on VGS

6 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Maximize? Wata grade and send to Heritage Auctions.

Wants to sell in 1-3 months. 

eBay. Maximizing profit has no time frame what you are looking for is a quick sale for a decent price. Don’t forget new eBay income taxes in 2022. Put a starting bid if you aren’t willing to sell below X and a BIN for some redic price in case you do find your white wale.  

edit: also utilize the for sale section here, you never know. 

Edited by a3quit4s

18 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Wants to sell in 1-3 months. 

eBay. Maximizing profit has no time frame what you are looking for is a quick sale for a decent price. Don’t forget new eBay income taxes in 2022. Put a starting bid if you aren’t willing to sell below X and a BIN for some redic price in case you do find your white wale.  

edit: also utilize the for sale section here, you never know. 

I thought he said he wants to maximize profit. He can't have both so which is it?