IGNORED

Extra Life 2021

Gloves

• 2 weeks later...
Administrator · Posted

Yep! Fortunately, our live auction was pretty successful and we raised over $800, which we are very thrilled about.  We were determined to make this goal and are so happy to see it happen, mainly thanks to all the awesome people throughout VGS who helped out this year.

Thanks so much to Gloves for kickstarting all of this, doing the stream, and thanks to everyone who donated already this year, no matter how big or small!

On 12/20/2021 at 8:32 PM, spacepup said:

Yep! Fortunately, our live auction was pretty successful and we raised over $800, which we are very thrilled about.  We were determined to make this goal and are so happy to see it happen, mainly thanks to all the awesome people throughout VGS who helped out this year.

Thanks so much to Gloves for kickstarting all of this, doing the stream, and thanks to everyone who donated already this year, no matter how big or small!

It's great to see that the goal was met again! Hopefully we can set a new record next year!

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
Administrator · Posted

It's the end of the year and I'm honestly lacking the words, I'm speechless!

"Thank god, finally..."

HEY! Give a guy a break eh?

Another year has come and gone and I would be remiss to not give thanks where it's due here. 2021 has been a bit of a grind, lots of real life changes for me, most good to be honest, but also busy. With shifting priorities comes at times difficulty in tending to those things that we do with anything resembling regularity.

My Extra Life efforts this year came pretty late due to those real life things, and excuses aside, it was a bit of a last minute "get it done" for me. I am dedicated as ever to the cause, but when the time came I'll admit that I did have to make a sacrifice or two and while I did do the Game Day, I also felt I had kinda let the whole thing down a bit.

And that's why I'm so grateful to have such amazing friends, especially in @Jeevan and @spacepup, who came to the rescue with so many auctions and side chats, picking me up and helping me to keep going. This year's fundraising goal felt impossible, but thanks to them we BLASTED through it in the end. I honestly can't say thanks enough for the stellar turnout from them, and from all the rest who turned out to say "hi" on Game Day, to give money to the charity, and just... be great people, gosh. I'm filled with joy at how truly lucky I am to be surrounded by such great and giving people.

This year we raised a whopping $3,707!

That means that 3707 will be the number to beat for 2022, which... wow... very daunting. xD

Next year is my 10th year doing this, and I'd love to say I have some cool stuff lined up, but honestly I don't! Yet! If you have any thoughts or ideas, or if you want to support in some way, please feel free to reach out! I am but one man, yet together we are a community, and we make things happen. Let's gooooo!

Seriously, thanks everyone. I appreciate each and every one of you! ❤️

• Like 2
  • Love 2