IGNORED

Extra Life 2022 - 10 Years!

Gloves

Administrator · Posted

2317.jpg

Click here to donate!

What do you MEAN this is my 10th year doing Extra Life!?!?

Yep, it's true. Time has flown by!

To start off the year I think it'd be nice to share some numbers...

Total raised to date (Feb 2022): 
$15,438.45

Donations received:

Years I didn't make my goal:

Years I SMASHED my goal (a significant increase):
(can we make it 5!?!?)

Each year I do what I can to at least meet my goal, and the new goal each year is the amount raised the year prior. This means that there's been a fairly steady upward trajectory over the years, especially with some of you folks being extremely generous especially over the last few. I'm seriously humbled by the support especially last year where the dynamic duo @spacepup and @Jeevan picked up the slack while I was going through some stuff. I can honestly never adequately express my gratitude to them, and to you all here at VGS.

Last year together we raised an amazing $3707 for Sick Kids Hospital, making that the number to beat in 2022!

Our resident angel in disguise, @Jeevan, has already started the donation train with a very generous... *looks at the page*... $25 every week or two... gosh. The generosity never ends with this guy, for real. In fact it's his constant donations that reminded me to make this post. He's trying to sneak them in late at night but joke's on him, I'm wide awake baybeeeeeeee!

I'm going to of course be doing Game Day in November per the usual, but I'll also try and get some more streaming in every so often on weekends here and there when I can find the time. I've got a nice little setup in my bedroom for retro gaming, and I can take my laptop in there to get some time in without having to massacre my PC space.

I'll update you all as I have more info!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 7 months later...
Administrator · Posted

hope this is ok to ask here and not hijack Gloves' thread, but for those who participated or were you interested - did you like the live charity auction event we did last year?  Do you have thoughts for improvements?  Did you like / dislike the forum then live format?  I'd love to hear any feedback to see if maybe we'll do something similar.  Thanks!

In case you need a reminder or didn't know about it last year - I'm referring to this:

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, spacepup said:

hope this is ok to ask here and not hijack Gloves' thread, but for those who participated or were you interested - did you like the live charity auction event we did last year?  Do you have thoughts for improvements?  Did you like / dislike the forum then live format?  I'd love to hear any feedback to see if maybe we'll do something similar.  Thanks!

In case you need a reminder or didn't know about it last year - I'm referring to this:

Call me biased but I think it went well. People who popped into Discord for the Live piece seemed to enjoy themselves and I thought you and Jeeves did a really great job.

Aside, if anyone has "things" or "services" they'd like to donate which can be auctioned as opposed to direct funds please let me (or Spacepup?) know!

• Love 1

• 1 month later...
Administrator · Posted

UPDATE!

I wanted to make a quick announcement regarding the date this will take place this year. The official Extra Life game day (on which many people will be playing games for 24 hours to raise funds for charity) is November 5th (this weekend). I however will be doing my day on November 26th due to other work and life stuff. 

If you have any suggestions or requests for games for me to play, please feel free to let me know! I've honestly not had the head space these past few weeks to really plan anything, but I intend to start in earnest with planning over the next couple weeks.

@spacepup lemme know if you still wanna do an auction like last year or similar, I can help organize! Anyone else with ideas for fundraising please reach out! 

Thanks everyone, looking forward to it! 😄

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gloves said:

UPDATE!

I wanted to make a quick announcement regarding the date this will take place this year. The official Extra Life game day (on which many people will be playing games for 24 hours to raise funds for charity) is November 5th (this weekend). I however will be doing my day on November 26th due to other work and life stuff. 

If you have any suggestions or requests for games for me to play, please feel free to let me know! I've honestly not had the head space these past few weeks to really plan anything, but I intend to start in earnest with planning over the next couple weeks.

@spacepup lemme know if you still wanna do an auction like last year or similar, I can help organize! Anyone else with ideas for fundraising please reach out! 

Thanks everyone, looking forward to it! 😄

Good luck on beating your goal again this year!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Administrator · Posted

UPDATE! AGAIN!

I'm gonna push this out a week - nobody told me Americans had Thanksgiving this week! Also I'm getting my flu shot on Friday so I might be under the weather on Saturday. A perfect storm of "let's push this out a week" kinda stuff.

So:

I'll be doing my annual stream on December 3rd!

• Like 1

On 11/22/2022 at 3:47 PM, Gloves said:

UPDATE! AGAIN!

I'm gonna push this out a week - nobody told me Americans had Thanksgiving this week! Also I'm getting my flu shot on Friday so I might be under the weather on Saturday. A perfect storm of "let's push this out a week" kinda stuff.

So:

I'll be doing my annual stream on December 3rd!

How long will the donation window be open? I'm probably going to be a bit short on funds on the actual stream day, but hopefully I can contribute after Christmas.

Administrator · Posted

That's a wrap! 16 hours today, 9am to 1am! 

Seriously, thanks to everyone who joined me today for my Extra Life Game Day! It was the most successful game day ever! In every regard! Most of these there's at least a short time where I feel lonesome or lost, bored or tired or overwhelmed, or some technical issue happens. But simplicity in my setup, a short list of games ahead of time, suggestions from viewers, and most important - your presence, helped make this for real the best ever.

Really, we BEAT our goal AGAIN, and I seriously for realsies can't emphasize this enough - I had someone hanging out with me, chatting, watching, the entire day! That's never happened before today, and I had a constant 6+ people watching. That's nothing for like a full time Twitch streamer, but for me it's the world; knowing I'm not broadcasting to a crowd of zero changes everything about the experience on my end, and that's all you guys!

Thank you all for the donations, the great bids in the auctions, and for just being there. This 10th year of Extra Life being such a success absolutely means the world to me. You all rock!

❤️

• Like 3
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Gloves said:

That's a wrap! 16 hours today, 9am to 1am! 

Seriously, thanks to everyone who joined me today for my Extra Life Game Day! It was the most successful game day ever! In every regard! Most of these there's at least a short time where I feel lonesome or lost, bored or tired or overwhelmed, or some technical issue happens. But simplicity in my setup, a short list of games ahead of time, suggestions from viewers, and most important - your presence, helped make this for real the best ever.

Really, we BEAT our goal AGAIN, and I seriously for realsies can't emphasize this enough - I had someone hanging out with me, chatting, watching, the entire day! That's never happened before today, and I had a constant 6+ people watching. That's nothing for like a full time Twitch streamer, but for me it's the world; knowing I'm not broadcasting to a crowd of zero changes everything about the experience on my end, and that's all you guys!

Thank you all for the donations, the great bids in the auctions, and for just being there. This 10th year of Extra Life being such a success absolutely means the world to me. You all rock!

❤️

I tuned in just about the time to see you trying the Skyline chili. @FireHazard51 needs to send you a case so you can try it on some spaghetti and hot dogs! BTW, I just donated $69 to get you to the $3000 mark. You're awesome for doing this for 10 years!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Administrator · Posted

This was so much fun and I had a great time!  I only wish I wasn't so busy so that I could have hung out more!!!

Also, just an update that we recently topped the $4,000 mark on Gloves' campaign!!!  This is amazing, but remember! It doesn't have to end there.

I honestly think we can reach the 5K mark this year, and whether you missed out on the livestream, or missed out on the auction, etc., please always feel free to donate to the campaign which is most certainly for a great cause - supporting sick children.

https://extra-life.org/participant/DouglasGlover

I am truly thankful to everyone who helped out over the weekend, and everyone else who has supported this throughout the year!  

You all are awesome 🙂

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 12/5/2022 at 9:38 AM, spacepup said:

This was so much fun and I had a great time!  I only wish I wasn't so busy so that I could have hung out more!!!

Also, just an update that we recently topped the $4,000 mark on Gloves' campaign!!!  This is amazing, but remember! It doesn't have to end there.

I honestly think we can reach the 5K mark this year, and whether you missed out on the livestream, or missed out on the auction, etc., please always feel free to donate to the campaign which is most certainly for a great cause - supporting sick children.

https://extra-life.org/participant/DouglasGlover

I am truly thankful to everyone who helped out over the weekend, and everyone else who has supported this throughout the year!  

You all are awesome 🙂

The current $4305 is a new record right? It's going to be exciting to see how high the goal can get with almost 3 weeks left!

Edited by Bearcat-Doug