IGNORED

Open Chiller Cartridge

36 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

It's really easy to get the PCB out that way, Ive done it with these types of games plenty of times.

Alright, that makes me feel a little better. I'm just a little bit worried I'll flex the case halves too much and break something. Maybe I'll give it a go later. Thanks!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dad Racer said:

Alright, that makes me feel a little better. I'm just a little bit worried I'll flex the case halves too much and break something. Maybe I'll give it a go later. Thanks!

It's just about wiggling mostly. I did this as a teen and the PCBs would shuffle out quite easily.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

Okay now this is VERY interesting.

You have some archivist / collector material right there now and maybe the end of our argument!

Hey @Dr. Morbis guess you were right 😛

Any chance you can change your video to being one booting up this game with everything in full view?

Ive never seen a Sharedata chiller inside an AGCI cartridge. Then again, how many people are actually going to boot up their chiller cartridges and document the title screen!? You’ve just opened a world of possibility…

Never seen it?  I've got one just like the OP, sharedata on the title screen and the cart looks just like his.  I really doubt this is some rarity.

22 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

It's hard to tell, but some of the solder points look a bit messy.  If you have a soldering iron, maybe just touch each of them to remelt the solder, especially on the CHR chip (that's the one storing the graphical data). 

Popped the board back in before seeing this, and still no dice. Intro screen looks the same as before. I guess reflowing some solder will be the next thing to try.

11 minutes ago, Dad Racer said:

Popped the board back in before seeing this, and still no dice. Intro screen looks the same as before. I guess reflowing some solder will be the next thing to try.

Yeah, I have a funny feeling it may do the trick.  It worked for my 2600, and I've got a funny feeling that AGCI would've probably used the same sort of cheap solder that Atari did to save a few pennies 😛

1 hour ago, Dad Racer said:

Unfortunately no luck after cleaning and some solder reflowing.

Do you have a voltmeter? Might be worth checking the continuity and making sure everything is properly connected.  Some of the traces look a bit rough.  Aside from that, it's probably as Tulpa suggested, although I have yet to encounter that particular problem in my travels.

8 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Do you have a voltmeter? Might be worth checking the continuity and making sure everything is properly connected.  Some of the traces look a bit rough.  Aside from that, it's probably as Tulpa suggested, although I have yet to encounter that particular problem in my travels.

Thanks, I'll take another look.

1 hour ago, Tulpa said:

Depends. There are some eproms running around. 

His has mask roms.

Ok. My guess is the chance of the mask roms being the issue is very minimal. Probably bad trace(s) somewhere on the board or a cracked solder connection 

Edited by phart010