IGNORED

Your "Game Theory"

CMR

11 hours ago, SpoonMan Abrams X said:

Hasn't it been confirmed via Word of God that the entirety of the game is-

Hide contents

-played in reverse? as in the sequence of events is backwards and in actuality you are the antagonist trying to kidnap the girl?

Johnathan Blow had a bit to say about the game and its meaning at Nottingham's GameCity Festival in 2010, as summarized in this article. He basically says there is no single concept or idea he was trying to illustrate, but instead more of a feeling or emotion that defies definition. To me the core concept of the game is the struggle to control the world around us, most obviously represented by the Manhattan Project allegory. This theme is intimately intertwined with the both gameplay and the dreamy narrative structure (https://braid.fandom.com/wiki/0-8:Epilogue). I'm sure there is more to it than that, but that's certainly what I took away from it. I see both the struggle of a single human against the people and world around him but also the greater struggle of humanity against nature, in some cases to the point of self-destruction.

Anyways, I still think Braid is a masterpiece of storytelling and design. I'd consider Outer Wilds to be a modern day successor that works along many of the same lines: open narrative with existential themes, innovative gameplay structure, and thoughtful sound design. I also really enjoyed The Witness, but felt it overstayed its welcome and got a little too convoluted for its own good. I wonder what Johnathan Blow is working on now.

• 5 months later...

I have a Pokemon theory today.  I believe Nurse Joy is actually a Pokemon.  She and all her sisters spread out over the Pokemon world all look and talk exactly alike.  This doesn't make sense, and is impossible if they were human.  If they are pokemon, however, it makes perfect sense.  I believe Nurse Joy is a hyper evolved pokemon  capable of mimicking human appearance.

13 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Maybe she's a ditto that knows how to not screw up a face.  That would explain it.  Long ago they kidnapped, cloned, and disposed of the real Joy.  Probably buried under Pallet Town, no one would ever look into that backwoods area.

Or maybe the real Nurse Joy was their trainer.  Also, supposedly Joy is their family name, so that takes care of not having to come up with a first name.  I also would have classified her as a fairy type.  I've also noticed that a lot of fairy types tend to work in the hospitals with the Joys.

Scroll down this page to see them.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nurse_Joy

Edited by CMR
lots

Graphics Team · Posted
On 4/28/2022 at 8:45 PM, CMR said:

I have a Pokemon theory today.  I believe Nurse Joy is actually a Pokemon.  She and all her sisters spread out over the Pokemon world all look and talk exactly alike.  This doesn't make sense, and is impossible if they were human.  If they are pokemon, however, it makes perfect sense.  I believe Nurse Joy is a hyper evolved pokemon  capable of mimicking human appearance.

image.jpeg.ef1354135cf8afd0ee7a2b982a8f6ee4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 3