IGNORED

Metroid Dread Collectors Edition availability

phart010

2 minutes ago, tbone3969 said:

Got mine b/c Amazon sent me a text about this being on their treasure truck, whatever the hell that is.  

They sell one item per day and it's usually a sought after item or an item on sale, usually 20% -30% off. You choose which pick up location as the truck usually moves to different parts throughout the day in different hour brackets. They normally park in a shopping center. They park their big truck and they have a set up of some games which if you win you get some prizes or treats. I don't remember as of when, but they shifted to being able to ship the item free of charge as an option. It now seems, at least in my area, that shipping was the only option.

Just now, Mega Tank said:

They sell one item per day and it's usually a sought after item or an item on sale, usually 20% -30% off. You choose which pick up location as the truck usually moves to different parts throughout the day in different hour brackets. They normally park in a shopping center. They park their big truck and they have a set up of some games which if you win you get some prizes or treats. I don't remember as of when, but they shifted to being able to ship the item free of charge as an option. It now seems, at least in my area, that shipping was the only option.

Yeah, game is getting shipped to me tomorrow.

4 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Looks like Nintendo actually stepped up production for once. RIP scalpers.

Actually, Nintendo has stepped up production since a while now but nobody seems to notice and panics at every new release. They've been doing well since the SNES Classic.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, bowser said:

Actually, Nintendo has stepped up production since a while now but nobody seems to notice and panics at every new release. They've been doing well since the SNES Classic.

I wouldn't go that far. Recent Amiibo are still impossible to get for MSRP and Switch OLED looks too be the same.

Nah I agree with @bowser they have stepped up.  Any shortages I've notice at least in this area, have been due to stores not limiting pick ups and jerks walking off with arm fulls of stuff like those Hello Kitty/AC cards or the Loftwing amiibo.  I can find them in huge numbers on the shelves of stores that carry those, still considerable amounts of the SMB G&W and Allstars 3D game on Switch too.  Scalpers are only getting their goods on areas they've rampantly (unintentionally collaboratively) picked clean to the misfortune of those in those areas, second to that the fools who still feel Nintendo is shorting stuff who don't read or think and just click to buy.

That said though, I will make an exception.  I've asked a couple places today so far about the OLED Switch, Nintendo didn't ship much of those, but that again could be the whole chip shortage problem screwing the PS5/XB people too.  That alone is a prime reason there is no upgraded Pro switch either, don't want to get into the crosshairs of pissed off fans like those two consoles are.  From what i saw Target got few copies, Gamestop got preorder coverage and nothing or close to it left beyond that.  How it goes forward into next week, month, as more roll out, we'll see if they scalped the scalpers or gave them a way to ruin some poor jerks Christmas with their should be civilly criminal behavior.