IGNORED

Canadian Pebbles

Gloves

Moderator · Posted

You should ask @John Riggshe is the cereal guru and if anyone could track them down he can.

There are a couple of cereals from my childhood I’ve been trying to find myself, but I don’t have much info. One was just a bunch of little orange/brown balls and the cereal was basketball themed. Another had crispy light brown squares with a sort of red “filling”. Pretty sure both went the way of Planters P.B. Crisps.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Scrobins said:

You should ask @John Riggshe is the cereal guru and if anyone could track them down he can.

There are a couple of cereals from my childhood I’ve been trying to find myself, but I don’t have much info. One was just a bunch of little orange/brown balls and the cereal was basketball themed. Another had crispy light brown squares with a sort of red “filling”. Pretty sure both went the way of Planters P.B. Crisps.

Here's a great site that I discovered recently. It has descriptions and user reviews of every cereal ever.

https://www.mrbreakfast.com/cereal_list.asp

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, Scrobins said:

FINALLY, a grey market hookup. I'll keep this on the dl; thanks! 

Administrator · Posted

I reached out again and unfortunately got the same canned response as ever:

Thank you for contacting us regarding Post Pebbles Cereal.

We are sorry to inform you we have discontinued this product in Canada. Often products are discontinued due to lack of consumer demand or to make room for the introduction of new products. We no longer produce the cereal for sale in Canada and we no longer use the recipe when making our Pebbles products. Your comments regarding our product will be shared with our Marketing Department.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this decision may have caused. We hope you will discover other Post Consumer Brands products to enjoy.

Sadness envelops me once more.

8 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I reached out again and unfortunately got the same canned response as ever:

Thank you for contacting us regarding Post Pebbles Cereal.

We are sorry to inform you we have discontinued this product in Canada. Often products are discontinued due to lack of consumer demand or to make room for the introduction of new products. We no longer produce the cereal for sale in Canada and we no longer use the recipe when making our Pebbles products. Your comments regarding our product will be shared with our Marketing Department.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this decision may have caused. We hope you will discover other Post Consumer Brands products to enjoy.

Sadness envelops me once more.

Call them up.  Per the site I randomly got when trying to Google a better solution to your problem, you can get them M-F 9A-5P Eastern at 1-800-431-7678.  You might be able to get further up the chain than canned-response-hell if you actually get on the phone and point out you KNOW the canned response but are looking for more historical information on the topic.

• Thanks 1

I honestly don't really remember the original ones here in Canada. The rice crisp ones are one of my favorite cereals though and always try and bring back some from the States when I travel across the border (they sell them at specialty stores here for like $15/box lmao). I'd be really interested to try the OG ones considering how much I like the ones you find inferior.