IGNORED

Big video games seller on ebay is away or kaput

powerupvideogames 

Anyone noticed what happened? She sell thousands of video games, including several hundred (maybe a thousand) factory sealed NES ungraded/graded. I was going through my watchlist, when I noticed all the listings have ended with a msg, "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available." I would msg her but she has a tendency of not replying. I'm thinking she either sold her entire collection to a private buyer or her bad customer service skills finally caught up to her and got her suspended.

regardless of money, sealed games and cib have been disappearing since they were created 

and 2016-current has never been on a faster pace

with all the new grading companies they are going to have to start competing with eachother for a very small and shrinking population. IMO raw/ungraded has always looked the best

probably took everything down to reprice and determine which games go to which grading company or maybe the grading companies are offering bulk consignments

Edited by SealedWholesale
  • Disagree 1

To have all that inventory, they have to have a store front. No one is getting that array of vidya, or that volume, in this climate cherry picking market place and hitting up yard sales. The two store front owners I know got off ebay years ago. When the demand for retro games are what they are, you don't need to service the country. The community is enough for mose businesses to be sustainable. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Theres been a few big sellers ive seen disappear entirely on ebay. Im talking multiple 10’s of thousands of feedback and always had hundreds of items listed, and then one day they just poof gone. I wonder if some of them just get fed up with ebay and move on elsewhere 

Any names come to mind? Kind of odd just in general if you ask me.

11 hours ago, SealedWholesale said:

probably took everything down to reprice and determine which games go to which grading company or maybe the grading companies are offering bulk consignments

That's a possibility. I used to view her "items for sale" page every week, using sort newly listed. She sells thousands (IIRC 4-7K range) of video games, mostly ungraded (New, CIB, loose) and some (100+) graded VGA/Wata. Every month until she disappeared, she would recycle her old listings but also list new ones I haven't seen before. Including 50+ ungraded sealed NES games from July/Aug.

6 hours ago, Bonanza125 said:

Maybe they are dealing with a personal issue and can't ship stuff out at the moment. 

That's another possibility but I doubt she is a 1 person operation.

33 minutes ago, alexkidd401 said:

Any names come to mind? Kind of odd just in general if you ask me.

There's this guy chrisz300zx, he had thousands of listings (mostly dropship) from every gaming merchandise online store you can think of. He dropped from radar like 3 months ago but has 3 active listings. Every time Limited Run Games released new games, he would have exact listings up and running almost immediately. Early on it was him, later others caught on and replicated what he did. They sell something they don't have or won't be released until 6 months later.

Edited by AnimalHouse
  • Wow! 1