IGNORED

Sealed games and backdooring

mlbfan10

On 8/23/2021 at 12:04 PM, inasuma said:

I’d say report to report it to eBay but my confidence isn’t high they’d be banned (they’d also just make a new account so idk).

Seriously sucks. I’m terrified of this happening to me but I know my chances are lower for the titles I’m going after (third party Gameboy mostly).

One time I left negative feedback on a guy that didn’t like the auction price I won a R.O.B. set at and resold it instantly for a higher price. I left negative feedback and eBay cancelled the feedback and gave me some BS excuse that I leave negative feedback too often even though I’ve only done it once in 10 years. I followed up with eBay saying that wasn’t true but they never got back to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

On 8/22/2021 at 11:23 AM, mlbfan10 said:

I won the Super Mario RPG last night and 2 hours after auction end, seller sold for $3300 to another buyer. I get it I took the risk bidding with a shoddy seller so I shouldn't be surprised. 

I get games are in huge competition but backdooring is bush league. 

Was it premogames? This seller has a great selection of many ungraded/graded video games but is difficult to work with. Read the neg fdbk. 

19 hours ago, AnimalHouse said:

Was it premogames? This seller has a great selection of many ungraded/graded video games but is difficult to work with. Read the neg fdbk. 

Well I discovered this sellers 2nd account. Actually, had some of this sellers listings in my watchlist. When I noticed the photos all look the same (the carpet was a big giveaway). Not to mention the location. 

Edited by AnimalHouse

On 8/23/2021 at 3:33 AM, FenrirZero said:

The worst I faced was a few years ago. I was looking for a nice sealed copy of Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 for the Sega Dreamcast and found one (within my budget at said time) on eBay. The seller's profile said that they had a video game store in New York, which is where I thought the game would be shipped from. But they also used an image of the game's cover, which had me think they did not have a chance to take a photo of said game. Which had me ask them about the overall condition of the game, including any cracks in the case and if there was any tears in the wrap.

The response I got was "The condition is new."

I ended up shrugging and took a chance. The end result? Not only did it not ship from their business, the name from the sender was not them! It was shipped from Texas by somebody who has a shop on Amazon.com. When I found out who that seller was, I found out that they did not specialize in video games. So between that, the fact the case had a crack in the back, it did not come with a receipt, and was shipped in a pad-free envelope, I sent them a request to return the game and get my refund. They ended up ghosting me up until I ended up filing a complaint against them to eBay.

In the end they agreed to give me a refund, but I had to return it to the address on the envelope. Which was tied to a Amazon distribution center in Nevada. I did this, with tracking added, and waited for them to confirm the game was returned. Which again they would not do despite the fact tracking confirmed it was returned. And once again had to file a complaint to eBay on grounds that the store in question was ghosting me. And once again, that type of action was the only time they managed to respond. With no reason being said to why they had ghosted me. 😩

I mean, honestly... This happened long before people had the pandemic to excuse this type of behavior. And even though it was one of those cases that helped ruin any fun I had collecting games, I feel that @mlbfan10got the shittier end of the stick. Especially since Super Mario RPG is one of two SNES games I would love to own sealed!

Seriously sounds like you bought from a dropshipper. Sometimes people will list items that they dont actually have. Instead if they see something for sale that they think they could potentially sell for more, they will create a listing for it at a higher price. If someone buys their listing, then they will quickly try to buy the other listing and then set your address as the ship to address. They keep the difference between the actual seller abs the price you bought it for.

There are obvious problems with this business model:

1. They don’t actually have the item, so they have zero ability to describe it to you or send you photos.

2. Someone else can buy the actual sellers item. In that case if someone buys their listing, then they will be forced to cancel the sale.

3. All communications are delayed because there is a middle man involved in relaying messages back and forth.

4. In general, doing this pisses everyone off.

I know for a fact that people do this because I stumbled across drop shipper listings of several very rare items I was selling. The drop shipper was listing my items for double my price! I cancelled my listings and just for curiosity monitored the drop shippers listings of my items. I was surprised to see they stayed up for at least 10 days after my listing was taken down.

• Angry 1

19 minutes ago, phart010 said:

I cancelled my listings and just for curiosity monitored the drop shippers listings of my items. I was surprised to see they stayed up for at least 10 days after my listing was taken down.

For shits and giggles, you should've bought from the drop shipper and waited for there next move. Which would've likely canceled your order but at least it would've been funny for them to catch on like "Wait a minute, did he just..?" haha busted!

• Haha 1