IGNORED

Limited Run Flea Market Apex, NC 8/7/2021

1 hour ago, DefaultGen said:

Eyy where are you. I saw Mr CIB earlier. I'm in a green mask. Already cleared out the flea market area 🤑

16283513570228965608166982828492.jpg

Asali cafe. Blue shirt, I’m having a coffee. I will be posting some more photos while waiting for my turn.

********Update: I’m going to be heading out now. I’ve already picked through all of the vendors. And the list of games that Limited Run has available does not interest me.. ☹️

I took lots of photos, I’ll be posting more.

Edited by phart010

5 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

The wait is ridiculous man. I'm happy I got deals from the flea market area.

Yea I think they were not at #200 yet, I’d have to wait another several hours. My brother just wanted a copy of river city girls, he’ll just have to get one some other day. The copies that they have today are first come first serve anyways so there’s not even a guarantee that I would get one if I waited.

Here are my pick ups:

image.thumb.jpg.82c72acd2d4e77eadd1f507934ac095c.jpg

• Like 1

Was Limited really fair to people despite the ticket system?  Seems if you didn't get there really early, if you got a numbers into the middle upper hundreds it would be slim pickings?

How were the otherwise deals as some of the stickers I'm seeing up there is like ebay value.  I mean just to see all the stuff would be fun from an experience/museum-ish like stance at the least for certain.

16 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Was Limited really fair to people despite the ticket system?  Seems if you didn't get there really early, if you got a numbers into the middle upper hundreds it would be slim pickings?

How were the otherwise deals as some of the stickers I'm seeing up there is like ebay value.  I mean just to see all the stuff would be fun from an experience/museum-ish like stance at the least for certain.

I didn’t stick around for my LRG ticket to be called on. I was only looking for 1 game for my brother and possibly one or two for myself, which I don’t really have to have. It wasn’t worth the hours waiting. But my guess is that by the time it would have been my turn, the PAX variant of River City Girls would have been sold out as it was limited title that they mentioned is first-come first-serve.

There were some deals to be had through the vendors. All of the vendor sticker prices were pretty much at eBay level, but all the vendors were quick to point out that they’d work with you on prices. I saw too many people there negotiate down prices without much effort.

Edited by phart010

That makes sense, seeing 500+ I wouldn't have either knowing it went in chunks of 50.  Being 10th in, you're getting into scraps.  Sorry that happened.  If I were close or knew someone and they had a low ticket, I'd probably have wanted just that Dragon's Lair trilogy on Switch seeing it's like the Wii game, where you can enable QTE icons.  It moves the game from memorization nightmare unfair into, be super fast or die slightly fair (and that maybe generous still.) 😄  Bloodstained on Switch for $30something vs ugh is a grab too.

They do put up some nice stuff, but while not fair to them or NIntendo, often times, if it hits GoG too, I really don't want it because PC stuff will work on a current system for decades to return to(which I do on 90s DOS stuff still to be fair saying this) and Switch stuff I don't see it working that far down the line as it's just not built as well as older tech.  Great handheld, but it's flimsy.