IGNORED

Would Nintendo do the Oracle games with Switch?

Nintegageo

With the Link's Awakening engine done, do you think they'd do the 2 Oracle games? I imagine it a simple thing to do. I know Capcom did the two games. The other thing is they'd sell the 2 separately not the same cartridge 😞 it IS Capcom / Nintendo. You guys think / know they have plans?

• Like 1

Capcom developed the games, but Nintendo owns all the rights. They would not need to get any permissions from Capcom.

I doubt there would be a remake of these in the same fashion as we have seen for Links Awakening, as they are not as iconic as Links Awakening.

This was a period when Pokémon Red/Blue style dual releases were becoming more common. A lot of people bought one or the other, not both, even though the Zelda games are totally different games. Having two totally different adventures release simultaneously causes the games to cannibalize sales from each other. I think if they did do it, they should be staggered releases 

I think now that they have a taste of the revenue these can generate, they will eventually go back and do them. They may need to wait until other projects get finished in order to free up resources but they'll get done. Maybe after Metroid is completed and the Zelda sequel is done.

1 hour ago, Code Monkey said:

I think now that they have a taste of the revenue these can generate, they will eventually go back and do them. They may need to wait until other projects get finished in order to free up resources but they'll get done. Maybe after Metroid is completed and the Zelda sequel is done.

Metroid Dread is being developed by Mercury Steam and Zelda Links Awakening was developed by Grezzo.

Nintendo isn’t actively developing these games, they are just checking in with the developers and giving guidance/direction.